Chapter three: Applicants

They had been through so many aplicants already and it was only 10am. All three of them were shattered and in need of a break but the line was building and none of them were what they needed.

"Alright im gonna dip, i cant deal with this without nicotine in my system." Meelis spoke, slapping their thighs as they got up from the chair they had occupied since 7 this morning. "If i have to hear someone scream I at least want a fag in my hand." they walked out of the room and left the boys to deal with the waiting aplicants.

They found their way up the four flights of stairs to the attic and climbed through the window onto the wall on the roof, overlooking the front of the house. It was a georgous view, grey clouds passed by the murky blue of the sky. The trees waved in the breeze and the birds on the roof behind them chirpped and landed on the wall next to them.

"Heya big man, want some bread? I didnt forget it this time... well technically its a buiscit but its basically the same" they spoke breaking the treat in half and crumbling a bit of it off for the robin beside them. They took a deep breath and continued looking over the road, legs swining over the front of the house. They ate their half and fed the bird the other half slowly before opening the new packet of tobacco and rolling themself their second cigarette of the day.

The front door bell caught their attention after a while. How long had they been up here, the line is completey gone?

"Are you Arif's new girl?" George spoke to the brunette standing in the doorway

"Who's Arif?" she spoke, beyond confused

"Runs the corner shop, usually sends round donuts about now. But you dont have any donuts, so you'll be another candidate. I thought we finished" George answered "Name?"

"Lucy Carlyle." she spoke "Are you Mr Lockwood?"

"Me? No."

"Uh... Well can i see him then?"

"Don't see why not." the pair move into the house "The last one's just gone in but from the looks of her, she wont be long"

muffled voices from behind the door catch lucy's attention "okay, take a look at this. tell me what you think it is." Lockwood spoke

"Oh My God! Get that away from me!" The girl screamed before running out of the house, quite overdramatically. Lucy gasped as she moved out of the way, already worried that she wont have a place to sleep tonight.

"See? Told you so. Okey-dokey, if you'd like to follow me?" George commented as if he had seen that happening all day "You win. There was one more" he spoke to the black haired boy facing the fireplace.

"No, you win. I checked the list. That was the last one." he spoke not bothering to turn from what he was doing.

George, extreamly confused motioned to the girl beside him and asked "Then who's this?"

This caught his attention. The boy turned and gave Lucy his most charming smile, "Hello. I'm Anthony Lockwood."

"I'm Lucy Carlyle" the girl spoke, awkwardly standing in the doorway, slightly behind George "i dont have an appointment, but i saw your advert in the paper, and i was in the area."

"you've heard of us?" Anthony asked, sort of surprised but mainly proud of himself.

"no." she brought his ego back down, an awkard tick struck the trio but lucy soon broke it "My CV" she handed the peice of paper over.

taking it and begining to read over it Anthony asked "would you like some tea? or has George already offered?"

"i thought i'd wait until the first test, see if she's still here." he muttered rather loudly to Lockwood almost staring down Lucy "we've wasted enough tea bags today."