Chapter 9

Chloe's POV

I woke up in the morning and moaned "Mornin Beca." No response. "Bec?" I look up and see she's not there. "BECA!" I scream as I started running around Barden. Barefoot. I see an ambulance outside the dorm. I saw an ear spike and brown hair on the stretcher. "No." I say as I run towards it. "What happened!" I scream.

"Ms. Stacie came into your dorm last night to check on you. She noticed that Beca wasn't breathing. She called at around 5:48." he says. I check the time. 6:13.

"Is she ok? Do you know why this is happening?" I ask frantically.

"Her cancer. It gave her a heart attack. She's breathing now." he says.

"No she isn't!" I screech. They get the defibrillator out and start to use it. All the Bellas run out to where we are. All of a sudden, they stop using it. "Why'd you stop?"

"I-" he stops to clear his throat, "I'm sorry." The all look down in sorrow.

"No. This can't be right! It hasn't been three months!" I yell. "This is some sorta sick joke! BECA WAKE UP!" I scream as I shake her. I hear Stacie give as a beat.

"It's been a long day, without you my friend. And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again." Cynthia sings.

"We've come a long way! From where we began. And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again." I sing.

"Ma'am, if you like-"

"Oh my God!" a voice gasps. A look over and see Beca sit up.

"BECA MITCHELL! YOU'RE OK!" I scream as I hug her. She hugs me tight as I cry into her shoulder.

"I-I had a s-stroke." she said. I nod and continue to cry.

"I heard about Beca! Is she ok!" Aubrey yells as she runs with Viktor and the Trebles.

"I-I'm f-fine." she stutters. I help her down and walk her to the dorm. "So, I'm gonna come see you guys tonight." she says as she sits on her bed.

"You sure you'll be ok?" Amy asks.

"Yeah." she says as she lays down. She gets a call. "Hello? Yes it is. Really! That's amazing! Saturday at 6:46? Got it. Thank you so much!" then she hangs up.

"What was that?" I ask.

"They found a way to get the tumor out!" she cheers.

"Oh my God!" I scream as I hug her again. We all hug and get ready for tonight.

XXXXXXXXXX

So, here we are backstage. This is our last stop before the Worlds. We start singing as I wait for my part. Beca looks at me funny when we get quiet. Then the Bellas get into it.

"When you're gone! The pieces of my heart are missin you! When you're gone..."

"That's beautiful." she mouths. At the end, we get a standing ovation, starting with Beca. She gets a text and gasps.

"What?" I mouth.

"It's. A." she mouths. I gasp and go backstage.

XXXXXXXXX

We came in first! I went up to Beca and read the text.

I see you. Run little birdy. -A

"We have to get you out of here." I say as I drive her home. I stay with her in her dorm and lock EVERYTHING! As I go to sleep, I think of me and Beca's future. I want us living in the place around here. I want 4 adopted kids. 2 boys. 2 girls. I'll name one boy Atticus and one girl Beca.