𝐂𝐡 𝟑𝟑 | 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬

A/N: I hope y'all have your tissues ready-

__________________________________________________

"There you go," Lindsay whispered with a soft smile, as she finished gently bandaging the wound on Namjoon's forehead. "You're all wrapped up and good to heal."

Namjoon chuckled and sent Lindsay a loving smile as she rose from her seat beside him. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he felt so protected and warm. He found himself feeling deeply connected with her soul as he relished in the compassion that crept up from behind those gentle brown eyes. The tenderness of her soft touch upon his scars, the soothing sensation of her reassuring voice. It made Namjoon feel like he was in the world's safest bubble and nothing could hurt him.

Placing the porcelain bowl filled with medicine away, Lindsay resumed her place beside Namjoon and gave him a small smile. "I guess all we have to do now is to... let nature do its thing," she said.

"Yeah," Namjoon whispered, still gazing at Lindsay with that same warm expression. "I really can't thank you enough for...you know... taking care of-"

"No, please." Lindsay abruptly said but softened with a smile. "Please, don't mention it. This is the least I could do for everything you had to endure for my sake. Believe me, I'd do it in an instant if there's anything more I could do."

At the sheer genuineness seeping out of her words, Namjoon felt something warm ignite within him, slowly melting away at his heart. "I know," he softly whispered.

"But..." he started looking down at his neatly bandaged arm.

"But?" Lindsay asked concerned, gazing at him patiently.

Namjoon took a deep breath, his fingers fidgeting with a loose thread on his shirt. Chewing the inside of his cheek in contemplation, he sighed before meeting Lindsay directly in the eyes. Lindsay inaudibly gasped under her breath as pain struck her when she looked into Namjoon's eyes. They no longer possessed the smugness or cockiness they usually did. Instead, they looked shattered and pained.

"But it means a lot to me because I'm not always used to being treated like this," Namjoon confessed with a wry smile. "Not at all...not since a long time ago at least," he added with a pained chuckle.

"Namjoon." Lindsay softly started, her eyes filled with endless love and compassion. Reaching out, she gently rested her hand on his shoulder. "What do you mean?"

Biting his lip furiously, Namjoon frustratedly clenched and unclenched his fists. "I was not always allowed to be this vulnerable in front of anyone..." Namjoon softly spoke and his lower lip started to tremble, which further urged Namjoon to chew his lip. "My father... he wasn't... he told me that I shouldn't..."

"Hey, hey, Namjoonie..." Lindsay softly hushed him as she leaned closer to him and started to stroke his shoulder comfortingly. She understood that Namjoon was facing an extremely difficult situation right now. It was clear to her from the grief-stricken look in his eyes that he was about to reveal something greatly personal and very painful to him. "I'm here for you, Joonie..." she gently tried to reassure him again.