ONE

"All I had to do was give him a look and he knew to make the winning shoot" Russ stated to the group

"All I had to do was give him a look and he knew to make the winning shoot" Russ stated to the group. A few guys and I were having a celebratory drinks after just winning a game against the Boston team. "If he keeps this up he'll be a legend just like his pops"

Smiles. Each and everyone of them pointed towards me. Some were genuine and some of them weren't. Not that it really mattered to me. I was just glad we won the game first game of the season but there were more to come.

"He might even be better" Terry, another one of my teammates, said tossing back the rest of his drink.

"I could never be better than him" I said taking pride in being the son of Fortune Kingston. The old man inspired me to be who I am today. Even though he came into my life when I was 5 years old and missed the early milestones, He made sure to be there for every one that happened later in my life.

"Of course you could" a seductive voice said beside me as a small hand went over my shoulder. I looked and it was one of the strippers named Diamond. Every strip club had a dancer named Diamond. Can they not come up with something more original? Me and the guys should've went to a different club. Diamond and I have a history. If you can even consider it history.

Just one drunken mistake and she's been on my case every since.

I removed her hand, "Diamond how nice to see you" I said sarcastically. "If you don't mind, me and the guys are just tryna relax tonight"

I heard a deep chuckle come from beside me and if can only be from my cousin and best friend, Nash. Turning my head, I shot him a look.

"I could help you relax" she replied. I'm just trying to turn her down in the nicest way possible and go on with the night.

"Perhaps not. It was nice seeing you though" I said hoping that she'd get the hint and from the way she rolled her eyes and walked away tells me she did. As soon as she left the whole table broke into fits of chuckles.

"You been dodging that poor girl for weeks" Terry said and I rolled my eyes. "She clearly likes you"

"Of she is" Russ said, "They don't call him Saint the Sinner for nothing. Probably laid the pipe and got her hooked". I sighed because I hated that name. So what that if liked sex? I'm only human. As a matter a fact I had a special plans right after this.

"Maybe you should take her out on a date. You never know. She could be the love of your life" Nash said but I knew the bastard was just trying to fuck with me. I responded to him by flicking him off.

"Saint doesn't fall in love" Russ said, "He just fucks and chucks them". Not sure what's his obsession with my sex life but Russ needs to cut that shit it out.

"I could fall in love" I replied. I know I shouldn't be entertaining but I just couldn't help speaking up and not making letting Russ make it seem that I'm some cold hearted nigga that only fucks women and breaks their hearts. I once was in love or at least I thought it was love.

"Yeah right" Russ chuckled while Terry excused himself to take a phone call. Most likely his pregnant girlfriend. "Like you could ever. You probably couldn't even make someone genuinely fall in love with you" he shrugged.

"Wanna bet on it?" I asked causing Russ to smirk. The bastard couldn't resist a bet no matter how big or small.

"You know I can't turned down a good bet" he took a sip of his drink and set the glass down on the table in front of him. Russ sat there in deep thought then smiled, "Ok here's the deal. You have one year to make someone fall in love with you. If you win I'll get you that big sponsorship deal that everyone's been talking about"

"And how the hell will you do that?" Nash voiced my exact thoughts.

"I have connections" Russ shrugged.

"Meaning his daddy" Nash mumbled causing me to chuckle. It's no secret that Russ only got on the team because of his hotshot father. But this sponsorship deal could open more doors for me and help me get from under my father's shadow. Don't get me wrong, I love the old man and he inspires me but people can't seem to mention me without mentioning my father. It's gets annoying over time.

"And what do you want if you win?" I asked

"Just a simple favor when the time comes" Russ smirked. I gave it a thought then looked at him.

"Deal" I told him. Nash elbowed me but I didn't face him. He would convince me it was a bad idea. Nash was always like that though. Ever since we were little he kept me out of trouble but I was a grown ass man and I could make my own judgements. "So should I go up to Diamond now and ask her out?" I asked

He shook his head, "Nah. I get to choose the female" and I gave him a look. "Oh did you think it would be easy?" he chuckled and I just let out and exhausted sigh. My social battery is running out and I wasted a good majority of it on this nigga.

"This isn't a good idea" Nash said beside me while Russ began to scan the crowd. "Whatever favor Russ wants is not worth taking this bet"

"Do you not have any faith in me that I'll win?" I asked with a fake look of hurt. All Nash did was shake his head in response.

"You'll see what I mean if you take this bet" He had his CEO voice on. "You don't even need this sponsorship for real"

Before I could even begin to explain to Nash, Russ point hit finger, "Her" he said and I followed his finger over to a woman at the bar with her back turned towards us. All I could make out from here was her shoulder length hair and hips that flared out. My eyes lingering there a bit longer than what was appropriate. "Make her fall in love with you within a year and you got yourself that deal"

"No problem"

—————-—————-—————-————————
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter

-Onedemontime 🦋