TWO

"Hope you know that you owe me one more night" Carl said as he handed me a white envelope that contained my last check

"Yeah Yeah. I know" I told him as I folded the envelope and put it in my back pocket.

"You are my best dancer and now I'm losing you" he said in an almost sad tone. It sounded like he was gonna miss me but I knew better. He was gonna miss the amount of money I brung in. I owed him one my night because I was leaving short notice and I wanted to give him enough time to find another dancer. In other situation I would've said fuck this job but Carl actually helped me when I was out on the streets and gave me a job when I was 18. So dancing one more night was the least I can do.

"I know but all good this must come to an end"

"True but you're still young and beautiful so you could've kept going for a few more years" He said and I cringed. I don't want to be here pass the age of 25. It wasn't in my plans.

"How can I be a stripper and run a hair salon at the same time?" I asked rhetorically. "I'm moving on with my life. I can't be here for ever like Jamie" I shrugged. This is no shade Jamie (stripper name "Diamond") but stripping is not what I wanna do for the rest of my life. It's fast and easy money. Shake some ass and the niggas go crazy. Especially since Carl renovated the club and renamed it 'The Lagoon', it's been getting busier. Even a few celebrities come in once in a while. That would probably explain when it's extra busy today.

"Jamie will end up being the best dancer after you leave"

"Good for her. Well I gotta go but text me what night you want me here and I'll be there" Carl nodded and I left his office. I continued walking until I reached the busy club and looked around.

All the lights were blue and it reflected off the walls. It kind of gave that futuristic vibe. It looked way better than what the club looked like before.

I walked towards the bar and put my hand out to flagged down Tabitha, the bartender. I knew she was busy and wanted to make our interaction quick.

"Hey Girl!" She yelled over the music. They were blasting 'Good Kisser' by Usher throughout the club.

"Hey! I know you're busy but I wanted to confirm that you're coming tomorrow so that I can do your hair?" I asked her. Despite not have a place of business yet, I still did hair in my apartment. You gotta start somewhere right?

"Yeah I am! I coming right after my wax appointment" I nodded in response. "Can I get you anything though?" she asked. I usually don't drink here but I felt the need to celebrate since I will no longer be working here and also the fact the I put down the deposit for my new business.

"I get my a shot of henny" I told her.

"Make it two shots" A deep voice said beside me. Tabitha gave a curious look but nodded anyways and went to get out shots. The voice alone was enough to tempt me to look but I kept my attention to the bottles on the wall. "I'm Saint" he spoke.

"April" I said without looking.

"You know... usually when I speak to someone they give me their undivided attention" he said in a playful tone as Tabitha slid the shots in front of us.

"Sometimes in life, you don't always get what you want" I said grabbing the shot. All I wanted was to celebrate by myself. In the corner of my eye I see Saint turn his body to face me.

"Fair enough" he said. "So what are we celebrating tonight?" he asked.

"What makes you think I'm celebrating something?" I responded as I turned my head to face him since it doesn't seem like he'll leave me alone. As soon as my eyes lands on my his face it almost makes me wished I turned my head sooner. He looked extremely familiar but I couldn't really put my finger on it. Saint was hot as hell though.

Even light brown skin that contrasted from my darker tone. A full beard that connected and looked neatly trimmed. But what caught my eye the most was his deep dark brown eyes. It felt like I falling in the more I looked into them. His two tones lips were moving and yet I couldn't make out what there were saying. The only thing I could hear was the song in the background playing 'Sex With Me' by Rihanna. I had to snap out of it before I started to visualize how sex with him would be.

"Sorry what we're you saying? The music is so loud" I said trying to cover up the fact that I was practically drooling just looking at him.

He smiled as if he's used to the effected he had on women and I rested my elbow on the bar counter to keep myself from going weak in the knees. Good thing I've mastered the art of playing it cool and acting like shit doesn't phase me.

"I said I knew you celebrating because that's usually why people take shots and it's not fun taking shots alone" he smiled. He seriously needs to register it a weapon.

"So you took it upon yourself to make sure I'm not alone? How nice of you" I said faking my thankfulness. Saint put up his shot glass and clanked it with mine.

"Bottoms up" he said taking the shot and I watch as his adam's apple bobbed. I quickly took my own shot to distract myself.

"You look familiar. Where have I seen you before? Have we met before?" I questioned. Although I feel like I would remember a face like his.

"That's supposed to be my line" he lightly chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "No I'm being serious. I'm not sure where I know you from" I told him. If I didn't figure it out who he was now, I was gonna beat myself up the rest of the night trying to figure out.

"How about you let me take you to dinner and I'll tell you" he said taking out his phone and handing it to me. "I saw you across from where I was sitting and knew I had to get to know you"

"Didn't anyone tell you not to be looking for love in the club" I joked. "And that was a very corny line" I told him with a little smile of my own.

"Yeah it was. Sorry about that" he chuckled. "But give me your number and if you not feelin' me, you could always block the number" Saint shrugged. "You could also not give me your number at all. The choice is yours, April". The way he said my name heated my lower stomach. I also heard a faint spanish accent but I could be hearing things.

I had a quick mental debate before grabbing his phone and putting my number in.

For some reason as I put my number in, it felt as it I was sealing my fate or something.

—————————————————————————
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see going forward with this story.

Also I'm graduating and I'm hyped as FUCK!! if there one advice I'd give for people in highschool is that to try and do your best. and it's ok to not be perfect or get the high grades cuz Lord knows I didn't and yet I still got into great programs for college. Grades aren't everything!!

But leave a like if you enjoyed this chapter

-Onedemontime 🦋