THREE

"And if it isn't the man of the hour"

"Aka her favorite child" I said making it a point to direct my words at my little sister, Sage, who's sitting at the kitchen counter eating fruits with our mom.

"Shut up. She doesn't even like you for real, you fucking accident" she responded causing me to let out a laugh because she had me there. I was an accident. A child made by teenagers with a defective condom.

"So the fuck were you, American Girl" I said.

"You know as much as you think calling me 'American Girl' is an insult it really isn't. It just shows you like dolls" she explained. I've been calling her American Girl since we were young. Just like the doll, her name was also Sage. She made it her whole personality up until the age of 12.

"Can't you two get along for one second?" My mom said looking up from her phone.

"Nope" Sage said popping a strawberry into her mouth.

I walked over towards my mom, flicking Sage in the back of her head in the process, and kissed my mom on the cheek. Egypt Kingston is the true definition of black don't crack. The woman just doesn't age. Maybe it's due to not having any stress and a successful life. I have no clue what her true secret is.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do with y'all" she said shaking her head and redirecting her attention to her phone. Parents always say today's generation is so into their phones when it's really them who can't keep the face out of their phones.

"I have a few I ideas on what to do with Mr. Sinner over here" Sage smirked, "and it starts with throwing him in a dumpster"

"You're built like a dumpster" I quickly said flicking her off.

"Real mature dickhead"

"HEY!" a deep older voice yelled causing Sage and I to straighten up. Even at our big ages, our father's stern and serious voice still had us shaking in our boots. "Can y'all stop cursing in front of your mother? Like damn has some fucking respect" our dad said coming into the kitchen with a big bouquet of flowers.

"Tune..." My mom trailed off, "was that necessary?" she said letting out a soft chuckle as she got up off the stool and towards him. She goes on her toes to give him a kiss.

"Gross. There are children here" I said as my father handed my mother the flowers.

"Right. Censor yourselves and have some manners" my sister co-signed.

"Man if I wanna kiss my wife, in MY house, Imma do it" And he processed to prove his point by grabbing her face and kissing her.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Alright that's a enough" my mom said pulling away from him. I walked toward my dad and dapped him up.

"I haven't seen you in a while old man"

"You seen me last week" He chuckled.

"Oh now that you mentioned it.. I do recall whooping ya ass on the court" I teased.

"Boy I let you win" he waved off, "I'm getting old and after a while of winning, I get tired" and it was my turn laugh. My dad and I usually meet once a week to play ball. It's a way for us to still maintain our bond.

Sometimes I pray that I'm half the man my dad is. I've looked up to him for as long as I can't remember. I don't really call the times he wasn't in my life. From what I'm told he knew nothing about me when I was born but somehow, by the grace of the universe, he found out about me. Ever since then we've been attached to the hip. So it's nice seeing him once a week with our crazy schedules. Days like today, I can see my family for dinner and then whoop my dad's, and sometimes my uncle's, ass on the court.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night pops" I said as I felt my phone vibrate.

"So dad you gonna pretend I'm not here" Sage said.

"My little princess, how could I possibly forget you" dad said walking over to give her a big hug and stealing a piece of fruit in the process.

I shake my head and pull out my phone. Looking at the screen I see it's April texting me back after being radio silent for the whole day. At some point I starting to wonder if she's even interested in me but then we would text for hours at night. We didn't even talk bout anything sexual which is sort of a breath of fresh air.

But I have to not get too attached to her. This is all for the sake of the sponsorship deal.

April: Sorry I took so long
April: I was working.

Me: It's all good.
Me: So when are you gonna let me take you onna date?

April: I'm considering

Me: What's there to consider?
Me: You. Me. Great conversations.
Me: Sounds pretty hard to past up

April: You make a good argument 🤔

I smile to myself. I exit out the app and moved to my calendar and looked for an available date to pick her up.

Me: Great. I'll pick you up at 8 on Saturday.

"What are you smiling at?" Sage asked. And like always, she's in my business.

"I just found out that you can sell your siblings online" I smiled and she quickly looked away while dad started to laugh.

Little does she know, I'm trying to figure out the perfect date to take April on.

————————————————————————-
Sorry I took so long on the update. I've just been trying to enjoy my summer before I start college.

But anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in the story.

-Onedemontime 🦋