Meeting Lexi

Hello. I'm back at writing now, and thought I'd attempt imagines of one of my favourite couples Rudy Pankow and his girlfriend Elaine, so please give these stories some love.

I hope you enjoy this first chapter.

All talking is going to be in bold, and any flashbacks will be italics.

***

''Lexi, come on baby, it's time to get up.'' Elaine calls to her 2 year old daughter. It was a very important day. Elaine was introducing her daughter to her boyfriend of almost a year, Rudy.

She was nervous as to how the interaction would go. Lexi could be very shy around strangers so was worried she wouldn't take to Rudy.

The dad, Kameron, wasn't in the picture. It wasn't necessarily a one night stand, as they used to be best friends, and tried dating. But as soon as she fell pregnant, he turned them both away, and never saw his ex again and never even met his daughter.

But as soon as she met Rudy, she knew she could get her happy ending, but was terrified to mention about Lexi because she had fallen hard and fast, and didn't want him to run a mile.

He didn't. She smiles remembering the moment she told him.

***

It was another day of filming Outerbanks, and being the photographer, she had another busy day ahead of her. But first, she had an important job to do.

Knocking on Rudy's trailer door, she takes a deep breath. ''Come in.'' He calls.

''Hey,'' Rudy smiles, seeing his beautiful girlfriend. ''I missed you this morning.'' He replies, kissing her lips.

''I missed you, too,'' She smiles. ''Babe, I need to tell you something.'' She sighs.

''You okay, E?'' He rubs her hand with his thumb, seeing she was anxious.

''I'm not sure,'' She admits. ''I don't know how you're going to take it.''

''Babe, you're scaring me. Just tell me. I promise whatever it is, we'll get through it.'' He reassures his girlfriend of six months.

She nods. ''OK,'' She takes a deep breath. ''Rudy,'' She pauses, not sure how to say it. ''I've not been completely honest with you,'' She takes another breath, ''And that is, that I've got a daughter.'' She felt a huge weight had been lifted.

She didn't dare look at him.

Rudy stands up and walks towards her. ''E, look at me,'' She slowly lifts her head up, staring into his blue eyes. ''Why didn't you tell me?'' He wasn't hurt, he was just curious.

''I was scared,'' She replies honestly. ''Scared you'd do exactly the same thing her dad did and leave. I'm madly in love with you, Rud, and I can't lose you, too.'' She fought back tears.

''Hey,'' He takes her hand in hers. ''I'm sorry the dad left, but I'm also not,'' She looks at him confused. ''I wouldn't have met you otherwise,'' He smiles. ''But I can promise you, I'm not going anywhere. I'm in love with you, madly. And that means I love each and every part of you. Including your daughter,'' She felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

''How old is she?'' He couldn't help but smile at the question.

Grinning, she replies. ''She's two.''

''Aww,'' He gushes. ''I can't wait to meet her. When you'll let me, of course.''

''I'm ready now.'' She replies.

''You sure?'' She nods. ''OK, we'll arrange a date where neither of us are working and I'll meet her.'' He smiles.

She couldn't stop smiling. He could not have taken the news any better.

***

''Come on sleepy head,'' She giggles. ''Someone wants to meet you.''

''Wudy?'' She asks, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

''Yep, Rudy wants to meet you,'' She grins. ''Do you want to give him your present you made him?'' She nods excitedly, getting out of bed. ''OK, lets get you ready. We're meeting him for breakfast.''

'''ancakes?'' She asks.

''You want pancakes?'' She nods. ''If you're a good girl and get ready then I may let you have pancakes.''

Lexi chooses her clothes she wants to wear, and with the help of her mum, she gets ready.

Pulling up outside the café, her nerves were unsteady, but she knew she could do this. ''Hold my hand, please, it's busy.'' She nods, holding Elaine's hand.

''Hi, may I help you?'' The host asks.

''Oh yes, hi, table reservation for Pankow?'' She smiles.

''Right this way.'' The host smiles, leading them to the table.

A nervous Rudy stands up. ''Morning.'' He smiles.

''Morning.'' She smiles back, giving him a quick kiss.

He spots Lexi holding on to her mum's hand, shyly.

Smiling, he bends down. ''It's okay, Lex,'' Elaine reassures. ''It's Rudy,'' She peeks her head round, turning to look at him. ''Can you say hi?'' She waves shyly.

''Aww, hi,'' He gushes. ''You look just like your mommy. Very pretty.'' This causes her to giggle.

Leading them over to the table, he places a hand on her back and whispers: Relax. you're fine. I'm right here.

''There you go Princess Lexi.'' Rudy pulls her chair out, which causes her to giggle again.

''She seems to like you already.'' Elaine laughs.

''Well she has very good taste,'' He chuckles. ''No but seriously, thank you for trusting me enough to meet her.'' He smiles, holding her hand.

''Of course,'' She smiles. ''Hey, Lex, do you want to give Rudy your present?''

''Did you get me a present?'' He asks the 2 year old. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable as he knew she was shy. But he also wanted to make sure she knew he could be trusted. He wanted her to feel comfortable when she was ready.

She nods, shyly sliding the present over to Rudy. ''Thank you, Princess.'' He smiles.

His smile got bigger when he realised what it was: a picture of the three of them that she had drawn. ''Did you draw this?'' He asked, shocked.

''I did.'' She replies quietly.

He looks at his girlfriend for reassurance, who nods. ''Who is it?''

''Mama, me and you.'' She replies.

''Tell Rudy why you drew him.'' Elaine encourages.

''You make mama happy.'' She replies, making Rudy's heart soar.

''Tell him what else.''

''Mama 'ove you. I 'ove you.'' She giggles.

He was speechless. He didn't know what to say. Instead, he just rubbed Elaine's hand, and placed a kiss on Lexi's head. ''Thank you, I love you both too.'' He smiles a teary smile.

He already felt so much love for this little girl. She trusted him already.

She was special.

This little girl was already wrapped around his finger, and it was only the first day.

He could 100% see himself with the perfect little family.

Part 2?