Island Confessions

I'm sorry I've neglected these imagines as i was focused on my new book. But I've ran out of ideas for the time being so I'm focusing on these imagines again!

AU. If the Outerbanks was set in real life. Where Rudy would be like JJ in real life, with the abusive dad, living on the cut etc.

Elaine isn't a photographer, but they've been best friends for years. So like Kie and JJ per say where Elaine lives on Figure 8 etc. You get the gist lol.

It starts after Rudy went overboard fighting for the cross and her feelings she'd been hiding finally come out.

I'm rambling lol, but you get the idea.

***

Elaine's POV

''Rudy!'' I yell, jumping into the water after my best friend is knocked overboard. ''Rudy!'' I call again, muffled from the water.

I manage to get him out of the water and into the lifeboat our friends had gotten their hands on, but I was terrified he wasn't going to wake up. Something inside my chest felt different. I felt my life flash before my eyes, imagining my life without Rudy in it. I'd had these thoughts before, but not like this. This was different. I had been in love with Rudy for years, but always denied it because I never wanted to lose him as a friend. So I kept those feelings to myself, but seeing him now, practically dead, I knew I had to tell him.

''Ru, please,'' I cry, trying to wake him up. ''Wake up,'' I shake him. Still nothing. I am not giving up. This was the love of my life, and I will not let him die. ''Rudy, wake up!''

The group looks at me, trying to help me. ''Ru! Please! Please! Please get up!'' I was getting helpless when all of a sudden he coughs, making me jump.

''There you go. Yeah, yeah. Cough it out. Cough it out, baby.'' Chase says.

''Hey, buddy, there you go,'' JD starts, a big sigh of relief. ''Hey, hey buddy.'' He turns to make sure our friend is OK. ''Welcome to the land of the living, dude.''

''No CPR needed, huh?'' Chase says.

Rudy looks to his left to see my hand on his shoulder, I immediately getting butterflies as we both look at each other. ''Hi.'' I say, giving him a small smile.

''Sup?'' He replies, a small smirk on his face, causing me to hit him playfully, before hugging him tight.

He asks what happened, we explain he was attacked with the blunt end of a machete, joking he needs to duck next time.

***

We had somewhat been stranded on a deserted island for at least a month. Even though we were stranded, it was our own little slice of paradise.

Me and Rudy grew closer, and we couldn't contain our feelings anymore.

One evening, after we'd hunted for our food, I stop Rudy. ''You OK?'' He asks.

''Ru, I need to do something, OK? Just don't question it.'' He nods, confused.

''OK....?''

''Can you close your eyes?'' I ask.

Confused, he does as he's told.