chapter 05

It was painful to be rejected again by her husband.

In the first few months of their marriage, he ignored her completely and avoided sharing a bed. She knew, Leandro did not want the marriage and because she and his family trapped him against his will, he hated her. But she knew too that somehow, he was attracted to her. If he weren't, he wouldn't have made love to her.

She was happy when he finally touched her. There was nonstop lovemaking after that. She almost thought he had come to love her. But after the incident, he refused to see her. Her attempts were never successful. Whatever happened that made him pull away, she had no idea. And she was heartbroken. It took her years to finally accept the fact that he had cut her off his life completely. What annoyed her, was despite of his refusal to see her, he never agreed to divorce her.

The journey back home was quiet. She dared not speak again or attempted to seduce him. She was embarrassed enough to even consider it. Once they arrived, she quickly got out of the car and walked to the house, trying hard not to sway or trip in front of him.

Luckily, she was able to go upstairs on her own. When she turned to go to her bedroom, he said, "You're sleeping in my bed."

She turned, so abrupt that she almost lost her balance. "I don't want to sleep next to you."

"Did I give the impression that you have a say on this? As my wife, you need to sleep in my fucking bed."

"Stop calling me your wife!" she yelled. The anger she'd been bottling up burst in full force.

His face darkened and before she could even react, he dragged her to his bedroom and locked the door behind him. He reached for the drawer and retrieved handcuffs. He pushed her to the bed and cuffed her against the bedpost.

"Let me go!" She tried to get free.

"I'm taking a shower. Unless you want to join me, I can uncuff you." He said before turning his back and disappearing to the bathroom. Not long, she heard clothes hitting the floor and then the shower hissed. She left embarrassed and annoyed to the bones.

Moments later, he came out with only black sweatpants, beads of water trickled from his hair down to his shoulders and chest. He made his way to the walk-in closet as he toweled-dry his hair. He came back with a white shirt and threw it on the bed beside me.

"Uncuff me."

He came to her side and uncuffed her. Before she entered the bathroom, he said, "Five minutes."

"Are you for real?"

Leandro ignored her and sat on his side of the bed and began typing away in his laptop.

"You're unbelievable." She said before she went in and quickly brushed her teeth using his spare and just did a half bath. She then changed into his shirt.

When she climbed onto the bed beside him, he put his laptop away and reached for the cuffs.

"What the hell? You're planning to cuff me while sleeping?" Her eyes widened. "You think I'll ran away?"

"I will never know."

"I will not sneak out. I promise. It will hurt my arm!"

He looked at her for a while before he sighed, finally putting it away. "Fine."

To her surprise, his hand came to her stomach and pulled her closer to his body, hugging her from behind.

"Leandro, it's hot." She complained, but deep inside, her heart pounded in an unusual pace. She could sleep with him like this for the rest of her life. Nevertheless, Isabelle willed herself not to sigh against him. It was heaven to be in the arms of the man she loved but she reminded herself of what she went through when he decided to cut her off.