chapter 07

The mere feel of her skin against his fingers was enough to make his groin twitch painfully in his pants. Hours passed and he was still hard as fuck. He groaned as he laid on the bed while Isabelle was sleeping peacefully beside him.

Leandro cursed her in his mind. He was agonized by all sorts of things he wanted to do to her and yet she was sleeping soundly without the care for the world.

Unable to endure any longer, he rose from the bed and took a cold shower, repeatedly cursing her under his breath.

'Divorce? Who is she kidding? No way I'll agree to that. At least not until I break her apart.' Leandro thought to himself.

The morning came and he managed to get only a few hours' sleep. Isabelle might have already gone to work as she was nowhere in the room.

He dressed in an expensive navy blue 3-piece Armani-tailored suit and went downstairs for breakfast. Patty and Laura gaped as he entered the dining area. He was surprised to see Isabelle was still at home having breakfast and yet busy typing something on her phone. When he sat down, only then the busy Isabelle lifted her eyes.

Leandro smirked when her jaw dropped at the sight of him. "Like what you're seeing?" The cockiness in his tone made her snap and she shook her head trying to shake off the momentary trance. Caught gawking, her cheeks flamed a beat red.

"Where are you off to?" Isabelle asked curiously as she resumed eating her food. Laura put a steaming coffee mug in front of him and he took a sip before he helped himself with bacon and eggs.

"To my company."

"But shouldn't you be resting for a while?"

He shot her a curious glance. 'Did I hear worry in her tone?' He mused but pushed the thought aside.

"My father wants me to take over as soon as possible."

There was silence after that. Then, her phone rang, and she excused herself. Grabbing her handbag, she walked outside the house. When he finished, he too, stood up and took his leave. He was about to enter his Rolls-Royce when his ears perked up. In the distance, Isabelle was talking with someone with her back on him.

"I'm sorry. I love you, baby. I'll see you soon, okay?"

'Is she talking to Ethan? They still have an affair?' The thought made his stomach knot. The pain was as raw as the first time he found out four years ago, but he steeled and composed himself when she turned and saw him.

For a moment, she stood there unmoving, looking at him with pale face.

"Is he the reason why you want a divorce?" He asked, his voice deep as the deepest trench of the ocean. There was an uncomfortable ache that settled in his chest.

Never in his life, a woman ever had such an effect in him. So strong that he fell victim to self-destruction four years ago. All because he did not know better how to handle his emotions back then. The accident had cost another person's life. If only he could turn back time, he would have rather taken the life of the person who hurt him than of an innocent man's. And if chance had presented itself, he would have done it intentionally.

"No. I want a divorce because.... because..." She was unable to find the right words.

"Just admit it. You're having an affair, aren't you?"

"No!" She denied vehemently. "I would never do that to you. What you saw last time, it was meant to make you believe I do so you'd agree to the divorce." Her eyes dilated. For a fleeting second, he almost thought she was genuinely shocked and appalled by the accusation.