Prologue

When Y/N was ten, he was taken from his mother when she was found with drugs, she had left him alone while taking Maeve and Sean. 

He was bounced around the system, no one wanted to keep him long because he acted up. His most recent foster home is with a family who have no others kids. 

Y/N has arrived home late from the neighbours house. His neighbours are Elizabeth and her wife Scarlett, they make sure he is fed and has a place to do homework where he is safe. Y/N's foster dad is abusive so Y/N goes to their house to feel safe and escape after being beaten. 

"Where have you been boy?"

"I was doing homework next door."

Luke got up shoving Y/N against the wall. 

"I told you not to go over there."

"Well sorry for trying-"

Luke bashes Y/N's head against the wall making black spots appear in his vision. 

"Don't talk back to me you little shit."

He punches Y/N's in the head after he tries to walk away making him stumble. He punches him again knocking him to the floor. He starts kicking his ribs and hits his head with his beer bottle. 

He walks away leaving Y/N bleeding out on the floor as he leaves the house. Y/N's vision begins to blur as he tries to push himself up but feels too weak. He accepts his fate as his vision goes black. 

An unknown amount of time later, Y/N wakes to someone stroking his cheek. His eyes open weakly looking into the eyes of his foster mom, Emily. 

"Hey sweetie."

Y/N sits up weakly touching his head to feel stiches. 

"Thanks for stitching me up."

"Anytime sweetie. Now I need you to do something for me."

They both stand up as she holds his arms. 

"What?"

She hands him a duffel bag full of his clothes and other belongings.

"Are you kicking me out? I didn't-"

"Shhh sweetie. I know you didn't do anything. I'm asking you to run away, you aren't safe here sweetie. Go live your life, find your sister and brother. I'll send any money we get to you just send your address to Elizabeth and Scarlett."

"I'll live the best life I can for you."

"I know now go while it's still dark out."

He quickly hugs her taking the bag and putting it over his shoulder. He grabs his motorcycle helmet and keys walking out of the house. 

He puts on his gloves before strapping on his helmet and getting on the bike. He puts the key in the ignition turning it on and kicking up the stand before driving off in the early hours of the morning. 

He remembers his social worker saying that his family are staying in a caravan park. He follows the directions on the phone till he arrives. He stops someone out on a walk.

"Hi sorry. Is there a Maeve Wiley here?"

"Yeah, just down there, that one there."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

He drives down towards the caravan she told him and kicks the stand out before climbing off. He turns off the bike, opening it to put his gloves back in before locking it again. 

He unstraps his helmet looking at the caravan as he pulls the helmet off. He takes a deep breath walking to the caravan and knocking on the door.

He waits a few minutes when door opens and the woman inside looks at him confused. He smiles softly.

"Hey sis."

"Y/N?"

"Yeah it's me."

She jumps down into his arms and he catches her hugging her tightly as she hugs him back. They both walk inside the caravan and she makes him tea as he sits on the couch with a cloth wiping the blood from his face.

"What happened to you?"

"Foster dad."

She hands him his tea as she sits next to him taking the cloth from him and wiping it for him. 

"Can I stay here with you and Sean?"

"Sean's gone, he left."

She throws the cloth on the table taking her mug and sipping from it.

"Well can I stay with you?"

"Sure."

"Do you think I'll get into school?"

"I'm sure you will."

He nods as she smiles at him messing up his hair.

"I missed you lil bro."

"I missed you too sis."