Operation Columbus, Phase IV

In the five days that followed the harrowing encounter with the Grimm, the 46th Engineer Battalion, now reinforced and supported by M60 tanks from the USMC 2nd Tank Battalion and Army Infantry from the 101st Division's 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, carved a path through the dense pine forest. With increased logistical support, the engineers faced fewer hurdles, ensuring a steady fuel, food, and ammunition supply.

Despite constant delays caused by intermittent Grimm attacks, the presence of military reinforcements swiftly drove off the creatures, ensuring that the engineers progressed more efficiently and with minimal casualties. The combined might of the engineers, tanks, and infantry proved a formidable force, gradually pushing back the Grimm threat and opening a more straightforward path toward their objective.

The continent of Sanus, Remnant
Far South of the Ruins of Mountain Glenn
November 11, 1991/April 5, 90 AGW
0530 hours

The early morning mist hung low over the dense woodland as officers and non-commissioned officers gathered in the makeshift command tent, their breath visible in the cold air. Groggy and still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Jaune Arc entered the bustling tent, the atmosphere tense with anticipation.

Within the tent, officers and NCOs of all ranks mingled, the diverse sounds of subdued conversations and shuffling boots creating a symphony of pre-battle tension. The map, illuminated by a dim overhead light, displayed the objective: Bravo. High-ranking officers, from Major General Mark Williamson to Lieutenant Colonel Michael Donovan, took their positions, ready to unveil the plan for the final phase of Operation Columbus.

Major General Williamson, pointer in hand and a large map to his back, stood at the forefront, his authoritative presence commanding attention. "Listen up, ladies and gentlemen," he barked, his voice cutting through the ambient noise. "We're about to embark on the final push toward Objective Bravo, and it won't be a cakewalk."

He gestured to the map, revealing the path carved through the dense forest by the 46th. "The engineers have done their part, and now it's time for the main force to secure and establish our foothold at Bravo. The Grimm in the area have proven relentless, and we anticipate heavy resistance."

Major General Williamson continued, his eyes scanning the faces of the gathered officers, each representing a critical piece in the upcoming operation; with a motion of the pointer, he started outlining the plan: "Our combined forces will move in a staggered formation. USMC 1st LAR and 2nd Tank Battalion will lead the way, with the tanks providing armoured support to clear any Grimm resistance. 46th Engineer Battalion, you'll follow closely, securing the path and expanding it if necessary."

Lieutenant Colonel Fitzgerald, commander of the 46th Engineer Battalion, nodded in acknowledgement, his officers exchanging determined glances. Still adjusting to the early hour, Jaune Arc listened intently as the plan unfolded.

"Simultaneously, the 502nd, 320th, and the 82nd will provide infantry support, artillery cover, and air support respectively. The coordination between ground and air forces will be crucial. We expect heavy Grimm activity, especially around the Objective Bravo."

Major General Williamson continued, gesturing to the objective itself. "Once we secure Bravo, the engineers will fortify the position. We'll establish a Main Operating Base, marking a permanent American presence on Remnant. Firebase Drake, on Objective Alpha," gesturing to where they are right now, "will continue to provide fire support."

Major General Williamson concluded, "Remember, ladies and gentlemen, we're here to establish a foothold and ensure the security of this region. Grimm resistance is to be expected, and we've prepared for it. Make sure your units are ready for the push. Dismissed!"