1

I sighed, the cold of night hitting my skin like a rush of needles poking me. I ran as far as I could.. yet I know they'd be looking for me. I took a chance. As soon as he left for the warlord meeting... I took that chance to escape. No one suspected a thing, I was always a good actress when it came to them. I know this was a huge risk... I mean... Once you betray the family, you can never redeem yourself. But he never cared about me anyway, I'm just a pawn in his twisted game.

I ran as the cold water splashed against me, I paid a man as much as I could to take me away from this place. He didn't even bat an eye at my disguise, a big thick black feather coat, one I found left behind in the empty room. The room had never been used. It was apparently there as a reminder. Yet Forgotten... After the ship parted, it was clear to me... that I had gotten away.

...

I travelled to an island, i knew the news of my disappearance would be spreading throughout Dressrosa, which would soon spread out further, I was the Princess after all... A lot more people would be keeping an eye out for me, knowing he'd pay a pretty penny for my capture and return. It was hard to commune with people. I never talked to anyone outside the family. Considering they'd taught me how to fight... being alone like this wasn't something I worried about. What I did worry about was being recognised. I used my hood to hide my hair and a face mask to cover my features. Sure, I could have easily bought clothes... but it would pain me to let go of something important, the style of these clothes... I hold them dear to me.

I kept my head down as I travelled, being a stow away on a random ship I could pay my way onto. But one thing was for certain.. I was finally out of that cage they kept me in.

~~~

I yawned as I walked down the street, the large trees creating a beautiful shimmering light on the island i came to know as sabaody. I've heard a lot about sabaody from those demons i called family. It was just as pretty as they said. Yet... just as dark... I turned a corner to see a celestial dragon riding on the back of a slave. It was horrific... the man didn't look like he'd eaten for weeks yet forced to carry people on their back for hours each day.. what a cruel fate. I turned and walked the other way... I couldn't bear to see such a thing... and knowing... knowing who ran the auction house made me sick.

I sighed silently as I took a back alley towards the theme park. That's when someone gripped me from behind. Taking off my hood and mask, the mask? Wasn't a big deal. But that hood belonged to my father.

"Look what we have here, a beautiful young lass. She'd catch a fine price don'cha think?" Spoke a crude man. His appearance and smell were revolting as if he hadn't cared for himself in months. The scruff on his face told me he didn't, too. I huffed and kicked the man in the balls. When he bent over, I kneed him in the face. The violence i was commiting, it didn't bother me, what was on my mind was my hood, I quickly snatched my hood out of his hand and ran for the hills, his companion was chasing me. I was so lost with adrenaline that I didn't see the man in front of me, I went flying into him, and I tripped over his feet, falling to the ground. He turned to face me with a glare, which quickly softened into a look of shock.

I placed the hood on my head and turned my attention back to the man chasing me. He stopped in front of the man who got involved. "You bastard, who do you think you are hurting my friend like that? I'll give you what you deserve, " he spat, glaring at me. I just stood up and hid behind the raven haired male who I'd bumped into, which could be a bigger mistake than a win in this situation. This man was wearing a yellow hoodie with a strange smiling symbol on the front, similar to Doffys. A pair of simple blue jeans with black spots and a white hat also decorated with the same black spots, his build was skinny and tall, dark eyes glaring gently, eyes that seemed as though they hadn't heard the word sleep before, and a nicely shaped goatee and sideburns that seemed very taken care of. This man smelled fresh a slight hint of sanitary like what you'd smell in a hospital. I knew who he was... no doubt.

Even if this man was so interesting, I was taking a risk... for all I know, he could just hand me over since he's a pirate himself... I was hoping he was kind-hearted enough to help me, though, from what Doffy told me... i should run.

He sighed and glared at the idiot chasing me "Whats your buissness with her?" The ravenette questioned, which the asshole huffed and glared at me. "She hurt my friend, so I gotta teach her a lesson, get out of my way bastard" The gross guy spat at the man, who sighed like he was bored already. "Why did she beat your friends ass?" He asked, knowing it was going to provoke the gross guy. "She... she.. the hell does it have to do with you tough guy, this has nothing to do with you. " The gross guy raised his voice, clearly losing his composure.

"Look, clearly, she was running away for a reason. If you didn't do anything wrong, then I doubt she would have hurt anyone, " the male replied sternly, the gross guy huffed. "How do you know, smart guy? Is she your friend?" He questioned. The ravenette sighed "yeah she is, shes...." he glanced at me.. his eyes filled with a strange gleem "shes my friends daughter. So if you have a problem with her, you'll have to go through me, " he spoke deeply, glaring at the gross guy. Before the man could blink, he was gone. I sighed in relief and let go of the ravenette. He turned to face me with a cold soft stare, I smiled brightly to him, trying my best not to seem in edge. "Whats your name?" He asked me...

...

I stared at him blankly, and he raised an eyebrow at me. Yet I didn't say a word i only frowned. "You dont talk?" He asked, and I shrugged my shoulders. Though I can talk, I don't really wanna tell anyone my name, especially when people are sure to be hunting me down now. And Emespecially not this man... then again.. do I even trust doffys words?

"You're just like my friend.." the man said quietly as he observed me, "My name is Law, " he added. As he said his name, i froze.... it really was him... his cold gaze watched me. "You know my name?" he spoke curiously.

I nodded. He sighed and hummed. "Look, i dont have time to waste, so I need you to tell me your name." Law said a little stern, I stayed silent and frowned at him. What do I do... Will he kill me if he finds out?

...

"Y/n..." I spoke quietly. Laws gaze turned to me then away. He looked towards a large white bear wearing a jumpsuit with the same symbol that was on his jumper. "It could just be a coincidence... though I highly doubt it. He had the same hood, and you're wearing hearts. what's your full name?" He questioned, I frowned and looked to the floor. My nerves were growing uncomfortably... Can I trust him? If he's the same guy, I should trust him, right? Right...

Law sighed, and he turned his attention to the polar bear who was walking over. I could sense the impatience coming from him, but he seemed to calm. He guessed if he had my name, too, he wouldn't wanna share either. He began to walk away. "Come on," he spoke as he got further and further away. I glanced at him a little surprised... but I didn't move. He sighed and looked at me. "Im not gonna hurt you, so come on,"

"You are just like him... cora..." Law chatted as we walked. I looked at him with curious eyes, and he huffed, so it's true... this is the guy Doffy talked about. "You're pretty short, though," he added as he observed me. I nodded. "My mother was small," I whispered to him. He raised a brow at me. "Was?" He asked... I frowned. Law went silent so as not to dig into the topic too much.

"Ikkaku," Law said. When he did a cute woman in a white jumpsuit and a yellow beanie, her hair oak with gentle curls, she was a very pretty woman. "Yes, Captain!" She spoke enthusiastically. Law sighed and brought me to her attention, "Take y/n back to the Polar Tang. She almost got kidnapped earlier. I have a lot to discuss with her, so I'd prefer it if she was safe. " Law spoke to the woman, and she smiled brightly and took my hand. "Aye Aye Captain," she said as she began to pull me away, I couldn't help but feel nervous... what did he wanna discuss with me... was he gonna torture information out of me? This is a predicament.

"Dont worry, he'll come back in no time. Let's get you safe, " the woman said. "You are really pretty, I can see why they'd wanna kidnap you." She giggled after she said that. I blushed a little nervous. It was a weird compliment, but a compliment none of the less. "Not much of a talker. Well, just know that if the captain wants you safe, we'll take good care of you, " she added. I nodded to her with a soft smile. I just hope she's telling the truth. If I ran now, I'm sure they'd chase me down...