5

"What do we do captain?!?!?!" Questioned ikkaku with pure fear as she watched the sight unfold infront of us, he huffed and shot her a glare. "This one's been shot through the stomach and is barely alive, strawhat-ya is severly injured too but I think there are more problems deep inside." He explained, penguin turned "do they need anaesthesia?" He asked. Law glanced "theyre both so seriously hurt that they can't feel any pain, they don't have the energy to complain no matter how drastic the remedy will be" he spoke, as he stared at Straw Hat a smile appeared on his face... I can see law was in his element. "Its going to be a fun operation!" He spoke with a smirk, it was alittle unnerving. "His pulse is steady" shacking called from the monitor, the sub began to shake... calling for full speed. It wasn't going to be an easy ride this time...

The atmosphere was serious. Though in all this tension... I was selfish the only thought on my mind was Doflamingo... it was such a strange feeling seeing him, knowing he was so close after getting away... it made me slightly on edge. Every shake or hit of the sub was making me startled. Alot easier than normal... I know he didn't see me... but... what if he did? I know he wouldn't let me escape...

I sucked it up and cared for the large fishman that layed in the other hospital bed, cleaning his wound carefully... it was the least I could do in this situation, Law was under so much pressure with Straw Hat that I didnt want to sit around and do nothing. The wound was horrific but nothing compared to Straw Hats. I had help from the other crew members caring for the fishman. Yet my eyes only focused on Law... watching him as he worked... after he was stable i and a few others waited in the control room for Law... it was hours of surgery... he must be exhausted...

After he had done with his surgery Law walked in... he looked awful, his eyes were colder than I'd ever seen. He slumped down in a chair and placed his head on his hand, his other pinched the bridge of his nose and his eyesores furrowed, he let out a large sigh and relaxed a little but he was clearly overly exhausted. "So did he make it?" Asked Uni. Law sighed again "I did all I could, its up to him now to decide if he wants to live.." Law spoke deeply, a cold tone matching his cold eyes. I mentally sighed empathetically for Law, and I walked over to him kneeling next to him, resting my head on his lap.

He watched me curiously. "You need some rest..." I spoke quietly, law sighed and fiddled with the hearts on my hood. "I need to be on high alert incase his vitals drop. I cant" he spoke tiredly, I sighed and looked up at him "i won't take no for an answer Law" I replied alittle more stern, he glared and me which quickly softened once he saw my pout. (He thinks its cute). "No" he said. I stood up and held his hand pulling him slightly.

"Just trust me... please Law... you can be such a pain sometimes..." I replied. He huffed and his cold eyes watched me. "Youre being the pain, just leave me alone" he responded alittle irritated. Until he caught the look in my eyes.

...

He gritted his teeth "fine..." he spoke, he stood up and we walked towards the door, the whole crew stared in awe at him due to the fact he was being so compliant.

Once we reached his room, I opened the door for him. "So what now?" He huffed put his words, I smiled at him softly walked us over to the bed, sitting down and pulling him down, he blushed slightly as I pulled him. I sat against the headboard and rested him on my lap, he glared at me.

"Ill stay here and make sure you get the rest you need, but ill also keep an eye out for a change in Straw Hats Vitals. I knew you'd have it rigged to your room. You're a loner after all. I said pointing to the monitor at our left, Straw Hats vitals were there as clear as day. "Ill make sure to wake you if anything changes. Okay?" I asked him, he sighed and looked away, after a moment he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer as he rested. A blush quickly swept my features at his action. I hesitantly placed my hand on his hat taking it off and placing it next to us and then I ran my fingers through his dark midnight locks, combing his hair... his tired closed eyes looked so tense, but they soon relaxed under my touch.

"Y/n.." he whispered, i was hesitant for a moment but quickly replied... "yes Law..." I whispered back.

..

"Thanks.."

A gentle smile decorated my face as I held him alittle tighter, "any time Captain"

---

His breathing got heavy and increased, his brows furrowed.. a look of pain crossed his face as his body tensed and jerked. I knew what was happening... a nightmare. His grip tightened on me, it scared me to be completely honest, I was so worried... I couldn't bare seeing him in so much pain.

I quickly pulled him closer and held him, quietly telling him that "its okay... im here... its okay Law... you're gonna be okay... im right here for you... please... its okay".

After a moment he calmed, his body still tense but much more relaxed... it wasn't till saw the single tear roll down his cheek that my stomach truly dropped. I cupped his face as rubbed his cheek with my thumb. He was in a cold sweat...

This cant be a one time thing... does Law always have nightmares like this? Is this why he always looks so exhausted? Is it why he's up so late a night sometimes? I couldn't help but question it... it made me feel so wrong... so sad... yet I was relieved I could calm him... it made me wander what would of happened if I wasn't there?

I sighed in relief as I began to stroke his arm gently. His head shifted snuggling up to me alittle more, it gave me butterflies... his breathing was better, I watched as his chest arose and fell.. my hand followed down his arm to his hand, holding it and observing the tattoos that marked it. His rough yet gentle hands. Hands that fought and killed... but hands that saved and cared.

I yawned... and snapped quickly shaking off the tired feeling, I had to stay awake and watch the monitor for Straw Hats Vitals, he trusts me to do that, I gave him my word. And almost like they had heard me, his vitals began to drop. I squeaked, and carefully shook Law to wake him up. "Law!" I said, his eyes opened and I pointed the monitor, he quickly got up and left...

I was speechless... how quick he was to act. I sighed in relief yet I also questioned whether he was getting the rest he needed, even when sleeping he was on high alert. I yawned again as the exhaustion took over.. my eyes close against me will and I cuddled up into the bed slowly drifting off.

---

"Y/n.." I heard, as I woke up instantly snapping, I turned to see law. He was holding me, he layed beside me... my mind was spinning so I couldn't recollect the situation I found myself in. "Whats... whats up?" I asked, law sighed and brushed a few tears from my face. "Its morning i have to get up... your kinda.." he spoke as i noticed how i was wrapped around him. I was alittle caught off guard by that. And I began to smile, Law looked at me confused and I gave him a warm look. "When did you get back?" I asked curiously, law glanced at me and sighed "I don't know, When I came back you were out cold." he complained. I smiled once more and hugged him tightly, this caught him off guard. "And you just let me stay?" I asked. Law blushed and looked away with a huff.

"You stayed with me when I needed sleep. Plus you'd been up all night watching the monitor..... do you... have nightmares alot? You were having one when I got back, but I managed to calm you down" He questioned alittle awkwardly. I frowned and held him close. "Well... yeah... you do too dont you? You had one earlier but I managed to calm you down too." I replied quietly. Law was silent clearly alittle shy on the subject. "I hadn't slept like that in a long while... " he spoke. "I could tell, you really needed it. I'm glad I could help" I replied softly, Law sighed and played with my hood again. "I could do with you here every night" he said deeply, I didnt know what to say, all I could do was blush, he fell silent when he realised what he said, a blush covering his face too. "I mean.. that..."

"I feel the same" I replied with a smile. He blushed and looked away. "We better get up" he responded awkwardly and I nodded releasing him from my embrace. "Youre right. Let's get this day over with".