4

"Fine, resurface" Law complained. I've been on board for about a week now. Everyone is super nice and its been really refreshing. When the sub began to resurface Bepo melted relieved and happy. I giggled at the cute bear. "Cute.." I said quietly. Bepos ear twitched as he looked over to me and smiled, standing up and walking over to me. He gazed down at me and nervously spoke. "Do you wanna come with me to the deck? You havent seen the veiw yet" he asked, and I smiled softly to the bear standing up, I nodded and held onto the bears hand as he lead the way, everyone was alittle confused with Bepo being so kind. Law was even alittle curious. We walked up that stairs and up to the main door of the submarine, once the light turned from red to green, bepo unhatched the door and opened it revealing the wide vast ocean, the waves crashed against the submarine exterior. The cool air hit my face, a soothing breeze after such a hot submarine. Bepo ran out and flopped down onto the deck panting. I giggled quietly at the bear and walked over to him flopping down onto him, he let out a huff and looked at me as I cuddled up to him. He was slightly speechless. But he liked the attention.

"Do you feel better?" I asked the bear, bepo let out a satisfied sighed and smiled "i feel great" he replied. I smiled back and looked out to the ocean. "Its beautiful" I spoke brightly, as I climbed off of the bear and walked to the edge of the submarine holding the railing staring out into veiw. "I see it" I said in a whisper. Bepo walked over confused and stared out following my gaze. "See what?" He asked, I turned to him and smiled happily. "Freedom" I spoke quietly, bepo smiled and patted my shoulder. "Freedom?" he responded and I nodded.

"As much as my uncle hated to admit, he told me I was just like my father... seeing this here now. This is what my father wanted." I replied alittle sadder than before, bepo panicked seeing my upset face. I just hugged him and smiled up at the bear. "Thankyou for showing me this Bepo".

"Oh y-yeah of course".

Laws POV

Bepo asked her to accompany him to the surface, I found it quite interesting that he took such an interest to her. Then again... so did I. She seems to be settling in pretty well now. She's just like him... I cant even count how many times she's tripped or fell or crashed. Its so difficult to wrap my head around... that she turned out just like him... I bet if she would of stayed with Doflamingo she'd be dead sooner than later. Its like a miracle i didnt realise i needed. I cant picture her being in that bastards hold...

I followed them up to the surface, I stayed at the door when the went outside, seeing bepo melting, her soft smile. She walked over to him and flopped down onto him, more like slipped and fell ontop of him... but bepo didn't notice. She cuddled up to him, she seemed so different from when we first met, alot more comfortable. It was nice..

"Its beautiful" she spoke, the loudest I've heard her speak, and her voice so soft and enamoured with the experience. Once she caught sight of the ocean she walked over to the edge of the ship, I was alittle nervous about it.. I didnt want her st slip over. So I got ready to teleport he if needed. But she seemed so lost in thought, staring out into the vast sea, as if she'd never seen it before.. has she ever seen it before?

"I see it" she said quietly, I noticed her gaze become so sincere. Like seeing the most beautiful thing she could ever see, I wondered what had her so weak. Bepo seemed just as curious as he walked over to her and tried to figure it out. "See what?" He asked, she faced him with the brightest smile id ever seen her have before, when I found her it was hard to get her to genuinely smile. She's smiles just like him...

"Freedom"

At those words I felt my heart sink. Thats all Cora-san ever wanted for me. He left his duties as a father to make sure I could be free, and y/n-ya ended up in the hands of Doffy-ya... she told me about everything... how she'd trust me so easily had me speechless. Her excuse was that Cora-san risked his life for me, showing his dedication and care. She said he always had a good judge of character...

She told me how doflamingo killed her mum, and destroyed her home island with his birdcage technique. Killing everyone in sight leaving no rememnants of anything to do with Cora-san or his mistress. After she was taken. He called himself her father, taking her in and raising her as his own.. it angers me how not only did he take cora-sans wife... he also took his family.. tainting him in the process. He'd tell her that cora was an evil man, that he was just playing an act. He'd abuse her just for being like him. How she'd smile, how she'd trip over her own feet, and how she was mute. Everthything she did reminded Doflamingo-ya of him, and he despised her for it. It was only a matter of time until he would if had enough and killed her... it makes my blood boil... she's the last of Cora... I cant let her fall into his grasp ever again... I just can't.

I had gotten so lost in my thought i didn't realise that she had seen and aproached me, it was only when she'd spoke that I'd come back to reality. "Hey Law? Are you okay?" She asked genuinely alittle worried her face etched into a short confused frown, "youve been staring at me for the last 5 minutes. Whats on your mind?" She asked again. Her inching closer to me, I sighed and smirked as I walked away, she followed behind me.

"What is it?" She asked becoming more curious, "youve become alot more talkative. Its nice" I replied offering her a glance before watching where I'm going again, she blushed slightly and looked down to the floor nervous. "I just... feel alot more safer here..." she spoke softly, I looked at her, her eyes almost sympathetic. I hummed and brushed my hands along her hood, it was cora-sans hood. She said when she was younger she always wanted his hood, he got one and gave it to her but she refused to take it, she said she wanted his hood... because it was his so meant alot more to her. He switched the new one with his old one, its one of the few memories I share with her. The time he left on a mission for Doflamingo-ya and came back with a brand new hood, it wasn't tattered like the other. I brushed my hand against the mark in the hood, where he set himself on fire infront of me. It was definitely his hood. She noticed my expression when touching it and smiled. "Here" she said.

Y/n POV

"Here" I spoke gently, a glint in my eye of slight nerve but also slight curiosity. I reached up and took off Laws hat, he seemed to grow confused and alittle irritated. I bet this hat means alot to him too, but I ignored his expression and continued, I took off my hood and placed it on his head, then put his hat on my own. "It looks nice" I said softly, he blushed alittle and glanced away. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. (He thought you looked cute in his hat).

"You can keep hold of it for a while, I know how you must be feeling seeing it again, I managed to hide it from doflamingo all these years, its all I have now... im glad I have it. So you can keep hold of it for a while" I expressed to the ravenette, he looked at me with those cold empathetic eyes. It was difficult to know how he was feeling, he just sighed and brushed his hand against the hat, following the shape down to the hearts on the ends. A short glisten in his eyes said all I needed to know.

"Alright then Captain, ill take care of this for you too. The look you gave me when I took it off told me how much it means to you, so I'll care for it dearly" I said as I walked away.

Law blushed and watched me "Captain?" He asked, I turned to face him and smiled. "Well if im staying here doesn't that mean im part of your crew now?" I asked confused, Law smirked and sighed. "I guess it does."