Chapter 1

Nina's Pov

It's my first day and I'm very nervous, I'm not really good at socializing. Well first let me introduce myself, I'm Nina Priscilla Celeste, the second daughter of the infamous Celestes in town. I'm 11 years old, I study at a private school and I'm very introverted. I love dancing, the color blue, Caesar salad and traveling. A lot of people think I'm quiet but well I am, when we're not close, but when I get comfortable with you I can actually be very loud and whatever. Ok, back to the story
It's the second day of school, but my first day since I didn't go to school yesterday, afraid to see the people who bullied me back then. When I entered the room almost everyone looked at me, some of them were my classmates the previous school years, some were quite unfamiliar.
I sat at the vacant seat at the corner in front of an unfamiliar girl who I believe is a transferee, who actually is looking at me as if she's scanning my whole human being. Anyways I just shrugged it off I'm beside one of my former classmates who's actually my friend last school year so I'm quite good.

Fast forward

Our teacher asked everyone who'll use the restroom to form a line so we'll get there properly. I stood up since I also needed to use the restroom. After using the restroom I went out and lined up with my other classmates who's waiting for the others to finish, I was surprised to see the transferee in front of me.
"Hi!" she suddenly said. "Hello" I shyly replied with a little wave. "You're Priscilla, right?" she asked. "Yes, Nina Priscilla, and you are? You're new here right? I'm sorry I wasn't around during the first day so I don't really know the name of the transferees." I asked. "I'm Diane Jane and yes I'm new here" she said. "You can understand tagalog right?" she added. I just nodded as a response. "Can we be friends? It's quite hard fitting in when you're new." she asked. "Yes of course!" I replied, I'm actually very excited because I barely have any friends that I actually consider as one, and for some reason I actually feel very comfortable around you. "Pass" we hear one of our classmates say, that was our que to go back to our classroom so we fixed our line and walked back.

Recess

"Priscilla we're going to the canteen, you coming?" one of my friends asked. "Nope, I'm staying here" I replied. I got my snacks and realized that Diane also stayed. "Hey, aren't you gonna go to the canteen? Almost everyone takes their recess there." I said as I sat on the vacant seat near her. "Oh Priscilla, you're here!" she said in surprise, I just nodded. "Well to answer your question nope, I'm staying here. I just checked out the canteen yesterday so I'll be staying here today. There's nothing much there anyways, plus it's too chaotic and noisy, I'd rather enjoy my lunch at peace." she laughed. "Same!" I giggled.
We continued chit-chatting for the next couple of minutes till our classmates came back which made me go back to my actual seat. The day just went by like how a typical school day though, much to my delight no one bullied me nor said anything about me during the first day. We just listened to our teachers until the bell rang.
"Bye Priscilla!" I heard Diane say as I fix my things so I looked up. "Bye Diane! It was nice meeting you, take care on your way home." I replied with a little wave. "Likewise Priscilla" She said with a wave as she walked away.

Today's not as bad as I thought after all. I'm glad I made a new friend, hopefully she'll last though... Priscilla thought as she waited for her service to pick her up.

|Author's Note|
How was it everyone?? I hope y'all like it let me know your thoughts on the comments!