Chapter 2

Diane's POV

    First week on my new school was quite errr... great? I don't know how to describe it, some of the kids here think they have a really big reputation since they've been studying here since they were little. Some are nice though, like Priscilla. I'm glad I met her, I honestly thought she was one of those mean, arrogant girls especially when I heard the reason why she skipped the first day, akala ko nagiinarte lang sya. But hey ambait nya, she's sooo nice even though she came from a well off family. Actually they thought I'm somehow poor cuz I'm from a public school but my family is actually well off too, I mean not to brag or anything, my mom is an executive assistant and office manager of one of the known engineering companies with branches at UAE and Australia, my great grandfather is a retired chief of police, my aunts have small businesses here and there, mama (mom's aunt who raised me) is working at an office but also has a business where she sells food and stuff for events or whatever. Maybe not as rich as others but I'm not as poor as everyone thinks.
    Anyways back to the story Priscilla and I have been getting along pretty well. I found out she was also a victim of bullying despite having such well known family. Well, that's life, people tend to get jealous and insecure so much that they vent it out on the people who are living their dream. At least that's what I think about why they bully others.
      “Who can solve this equation on the board?” our teacher asked. 35×5+(75-25) I read the equation quietly before raising my hand. “Yes, Diane go ahead ” my teacher said.

Ay ang yabang

Pabidaaa

Hirap hirap alam nya? She's just a transferee

Mali yann

She really thinks she's smart?

Those are some of the whispers I heard as I walked to the board after getting called. I mentally rolled my eyes with their remarks. Not because they don't know the answer doesn't mean I don't know it either, and what does being from a public school has something to do with my knowledge? If only you know how much math competitions I've joined and won since I was in first grade, I said at the back of my head.

225

I wrote, then I faced my teacher with a small smile. “That's correct Diane, Very good! And you solve pretty fast too!” my teacher said.

Booo!

Chamba lang yan

And so? That doesn't make her smart

I heard from my classmates.
Shh, can everyone shut up!, You're all being too noisy and it's all nonsense” one of my guy classmates commented which surprised everyone. If I'm not mistaken he's Andrew Leigh Bryce one of the top students, basketball player, and student leader of this batch. Everyone went silent after what he said and I went back to my seat. 

Janeeee” I heard a familiar voice whisper so I looked sideways as I sat. “Good job!” Priscilla mouthed with matching thumbs up. I smiled and nodded before putting my attention back to our teacher.
If you're wondering why Priscilla calls me Jane here's why

Flashback

     I'm here at our room eating my recess with Priscilla while chit-chatting. “You're full name is Diane Jane Leonor, right?” Priscilla suddenly asked. “Yup, why?” I replied. “Everyone calls you Diane, and it's kinda long when I try to whisper or shout your name. Since we're friends can I call you Jane instead?” Priscilla answered. “Hmm, no one really calls me Jane but since we're friends, ok then but I'll call you Nina from now on” I said “Sure! I'd love that ” Priscilla said and we kept talking till the recess time was over.

End of flashback

Our math class ended and now we're currently at our last subject which is science. “Ok, so I'll group you into 5 for your output which is to be presented next week,ok?” our science teacher said. She then started naming the groups. “Our last Group, Celestine, Borraine, Leonor...” Nina looked at me and smiled “... Bryce, and Lee” our teacher finished. After that she started explaining what we'll do before dismissing us.
   I looked at my groupmates, Nina of course I know her and I'm glad I'm grouped with her, Andrew as I explained earlier yeah that's him, Ian is also Andrew's best friend, they have almost the exact same school background minus the fact that Ian plays soccer instead of basketball and Cait is a typical school girl, honor student, and also a student leader.
      “Jane let's walk to the guard house together I'll wait for you.” Nina suddenly said “Sure, just hang on a sec” I replied. “Hey I'll just make a group chat and let's talk about our activity there” a voice suddenly said which made Nina and I look in its direction, it was Andrew and beside him is Ian. “Uhm, sure our usernames on Facebook are just our first and second names, Nina Priscilla for me and Diane Jane for her.” Nina replied to Andrew. Andrew then just nodded. “Can I get your igs as well? We use that more often than Facebook I might decide to just make a group DM there than in messenger.” Andrew added. “Ok then, can I just borrow your phone? I'll follow our accounts using yours so you'll know our usernames are kinda complicated to just say.” this time I answered as I finished fixing my stuff. “Here” Andrew handed me his phone

@_dianej_

I typed and clicked the follow button as soon as I saw my account, then I did the same with Nina's account.

@nina_cilla06

Here” I said as I returned his phone.“Ok then, thanks. We'll get going” Andrew said and waved, Ian also waved at us so Nina and I answered with a small wave and smile. “Let's go?” Nina asked. “Yup, let's go” I replied as I got my bag.

|Author's Note|
Will the group activity be the reason of a growing friendship between Priscilla, Diane, Andrew, and Ian?
Comment your thoughts! Don't forget to vote as well! Thank you for reading!!