Chapter 4

Diane's POV

Today is my first day of tutor, I'm quite nervous to be honest, I don't know if I'll get along with the other kids well. As I entered teacher Jen's classroom she introduced me to everyone and asked me to sit with my co-fourth graders. Shock was evident in their faces when I entered. I shyly walked my way to the fourth graders area trying to ignore their stares. "He-ey Diane, I didn't know you'll be here you should've told us, we could've gone here together." Andrew said being the first to recover. "Yeah" Ian added as he tries to shake off his surprise as well. "Umm... You didn't ask?" I shyly replied. I proceeded to sit down afterwards. "Kids continue with your assignments I'll just get something from the faculty room" Teacher Jen suddenly said. We all nodded and I decided to get my stuff and start doing my assignments when... "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? ARE YOU REALLY THAT DESPERATE OF ATTENTION? REALLY JOINING THE TUTOR OF THE TOP STUDENTS?" Kriz suddenly shouted out the moment ma'am Jen left the room. "I-" I wasn't able to put words together due to surprise, I also looked around good thing the other students didn't mind. "Kriz calm down, who told you to shout, Seriously?!" Ian said. "Calm down? Just how when this attention seeker is right here!" Kriz replied. I was actually offended by what she said but chose to shut my mouth. "STOP! Didn't I told you to be careful with that mouth of yours? Calling Diane names in front of her, seriously Kriz? Do you want Ma'am Jen to know about this?" Andrew suddenly said. "All of you calm down ma'am Jen is gonna kill us if she sees us like this, just do your homework, Diane, I'm sorry you had to see this don't mind them and just do your thing you can sit next to me." Erissa suddenly spoke which kinda surprised me but thankful that she did. "But-" "No buts Kriz, Do your school works or I'll tell your mom about this mess you made." Erissa cut Kriz. Kriz then harshly opened her notebook and continued what she was doing earlier. Finally I was able to breathe and actually do my assignments.
'This will be one hella school year'. I thought

"That's it, you may go. Diane, just ask them about the schedule of our tutor, ok? You're classmates right?" Ma'am Jen said as we end our session. I just smiled and nodded as I fix my things. "Hey, how will you get home, is your mom gonna pick you up?" Andrew suddenly asked. "Umm... I have a service, I'll wait outside" I replied. "Come with us then, we'll stay by the field while waiting for our parents it's near the parking, I'm sure you'll notice your service once he comes." Andrew said and I saw Ian nod and the side. Again, I just replied with a slight smile and nod. Not gonna lie I feel comfortable around them, especially Andrew.

After few minutes of waiting Andrew suddenly stopped playing with Ian and run to the person who just came which I assume was his dad, which I was able to confirm later on. "Dad!" Andrew called. "Hey kiddo! Hey Ian!" His dad said as he walks closer. 'Is it just me or does his dad look familiar' I said at the back of my head. "You must be one of the new kids" Andrew's Dad suddenly said when he looked at my direction which surprised me. "Umm... Yes" I shyly replied with a shy giggle. "Wait... Are you Rose's niece?" He asked. 'THAT'S IT! He was their during tita's wedding!' I thought. "Yes po." I shyly replied. "Ow well then, Andrew, meet one of your far away cousin" Andrew's Dad said. "Far away cousin!?" Andrew and I said in chorus. "Yes, you're cousins." he chuckled. "What's your name again little girl? Call me Tito Pete by the way" Tito Pete said. "Jane, Diane Jane po, tito." I replied shyly. "Ok, come on don't be shy around us Jane!" Tito Pete said. "Hehe" was all I can reply. "Well, we'll get going, Ian, Jane. We'll still pay a visit at your tita Kelly's bakeshop before we go home. You two fine waiting here?" Tita Pete added. I just smiled and nodded as a reply and Ian same goes for Ian as we say our goodbye, I mean Ian said his after giving Andrew a fist bump. After few minutes Ian's mom came to pick him up which he introduced to me as well, he told me he'll just message me our tutor schedule and add me in their tutor GC before they left. 'What a revelation, no wonder I felt so comfortable around him. This school year just got a little bit more interesting' I thought. "Jane!!" I heard my service which snapped me out of my thoughts. I then stood up and got my things ready to go home.

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|
Hiii everyoneeee! Hope y'all are having a great dayyy... Short update for now but I think I'll be able to update quite often now, no promises tho. Don't forget to like and votee.. Anyways, it's still Graduation, Moving up, and Recognition Season and I just want to tell y'all CONGRATULATIONS!!! you made it! Treat yourself your much deserved rest.
Don't forget to always smile, don't stress too much, and stay motivated!!
-Miss J