002 | Hey, Huntzberger

i was set at my desk at the yale daily news day dreaming instead of writing my article.

it had been a few days since i met logan and his friends and for some reason i couldn't get his smirk off my mind. he annoyed me so badly for some reason but i could quite figure out why. i mean yeah he was arrogant and rude but it still didn't make sense why i disliked him so much.

suddenly i was awoken from my thoughts by doyle who said "he's back" in a sort of frightened tone and i looked up at the direction he was staring in to find the person who i was thinking about just a few seconds ago.

he had his arm wrapped round a girl and then he leant in and kissed her in front of everybody with no shame god he was unbelievable. when he pulled away he bid the girl and some of his other friends who i didn't recognise goodbye and then began to walk in our direction.

"well, doyle, my friend." logan said and then he held his hand out and shook doyle's hand in a manly way while patting him on the back. "your looking very very well, how you been?" logan asked doyle.

doyle responded "i've been great logan, it's great to have you back" he sounded more nervous than usual.

"yeah, well, i stayed away as long as i could but the yale daily news it called to me, you know" logan responded sarcastically.

doyle faked a laugh and then said "oh,sure. so how's everything how's the family?" while crossing his arms.

"everything is fine. a family is a family" logan replied "ah, my desk , beautiful" he exclaimed as he walked over to his desk.

while this whole interaction was going on i was just sat watching them confused from my desk which was apparently opposite logan's.

"um, you know , logan i actually didn't know exactly when you were coming back and i gave out all the beats" doyle said.

logan said "that's fine, doyle. i'll take whatever one you got left over".

"actually there's none left" doyle hastily replied.

"perfect just the one i wanted, relax doyle i'm just here for the pretty picture of my father's head i'm not gonna be any trouble at all" logan said.

logan definitely does not seem like the type to stay out of trouble so i don't blame doyle for being slightly nervous.

doyle chuckled and said "oh logan please, you trouble? stop" and then laughed again "i'm just glad to have you here" he said and then patted logan on the back.

"be careful doyle you might hurt yourself" logan joked. "better get back to work , right boss? aurora good to see you" logan said to me.

i looked up from my computer when i heard my name and just nodded in acknowledgment towards logan and gave him a small smile.

within seconds of logan saying that doyle was walking over to my desk in a rush and he said "you know logan? how do you know logan?".

"no i don't know him" i said "i met him once a few days ago".

"so you not friends" doyle asked me.

i replied "no definitely not friends" while shaking my head no and laughing.

"that guy is a real piece of work, he took last year off with a bunch of friends and then sank his father's yacht" doyle told me.