Be My Druidess

6:30 AM.
*Beep Beep Beep*

"Ugh," You sighed as you went to turn off the alarm your dad had bought you as a 'going-away' gift to college. It was meant for people who overslept, as it was loud. The beeping would continue on and on until you got out of bed. Shoving your face into your pillow, you noticed your roommate had already gotten out of bed and made her way to the kitchen to start her day. Slowly but surely, you pondered out of bed, making it and walking to the bathroom. The light switched on, and the water began to run from the shower. It was way too early to be awake, and it dreaded you that your first class of today was at 9 AM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Wait up, Jett!", Kevin screamed as you walked as fast as possible to make it to your first class of today. He sprinted after you, causing you to laugh at him and walk just a little bit faster. Finally, you opened the door into your first class noticing you and Kevin were the first ones there even though the bell had already rung. "Good morning Professor Brown!" You yelled down at him, startling the quaint man at the board, writing down the lesson for today. It was May 15th, 4 more days left of being a Senior in college. You had plans to stay in the apartment with your roommate, Scarlett.

a/n
i'm switching POV's as writing in this format is difficult and repetitive 😅

It was getting boring waiting for more students to arrive in this class. It was almost agonizing waiting in this heat, as sweat began to drip down my forehead. Professor Brown decided to dismiss us, giving Kevin and I the perfect opportunity to go and get breakfast as we both hadn't eaten that morning. "Where are we going Jett?" I stayed quiet to surprise him. A new restaurant had opened down the street from my apartment building. It was a small-town cafe. They served breakfast all hours of the day which hell, I would constantly eat breakfast for every meal. I dragged Kevin in, causing him to stumble just a little bit.

"We're here!" I was stunned by the smells and looks of the place. It was like reliving the 80's again. It was beautiful in here! The menu was long and had lots of delicious things. Kevin and I both decided that we'd get french toast. Hours had passed, and I didn't realize it was getting so late. It was 3:33 when I looked up at the clock. I got up from the table, kissed Kevin on the cheeks and ran out the door. It wasn't long before I had reached my apartment building. I was running so fast I had no time to check my surroundings and there he was. A 6'7 man, a wide frame, long luscious black hair and a vampire like facial structure. I bumped into him, tripping and falling over his feet. He lifted me up, brushed himself off and then asked me if I was okay.

"Are you alright?" He asked, in a deep voice.
"Y-yeah! It was my fault.." I muttered out of my mouth as he was pretty tall and scary for a first time meeting. I brushed myself off awkwardly after a couple of minutes.
"Well, you should really watch where you're going, especially for a pretty lady like you."
I became covered in a pink blush, and my face got heated up by his words. He noticed eventually. He introduced himself as Peter, and went off without even asking my name. I ran inside and watched him walk away to his car. It was green, a dark forest-y green. It suited him in my opinion. Continuing on, I ran into my apartment and saw Scarlett. She was on the couch reading a book when I loudly barged into the room, all pink and fuzzy, she noticed.
"Who'd you see??"
"Huh!?" I seemed a little startled, but I know what she meant.
"You saw someone out there."
"Like who?"
"Someone who impressed you, Jett."
"Oh... Um, I just fell. Nothing more."
"Your lying."
"What! No I'm not. I could never."
"C'mon Jett! Tell me."
"Fine..fine. I'll do it, just let me get out of these!"

I ran into my bedroom grabbing the nearest shirt and shorts I could get. I threw off my black high top converse and proceeded to take off the sweaty white tanktop I had on, and removed my belt and jeans. Throwing on the random clothes felt like such a relief. They were nice and cold, rather sticky and sweaty. I ran back out and sat right next to Scarlett. She'd been my best friend for 14 years. So, since I was 10. She had long brown hair, and green eyes. She was around 5'10, and really pretty. She was always there for me no matter what I got myself into. I sat down, catching my breath.
"Soooooo... who was it?"
"I think our neighbor. I don't know, I've never seen him before."
"Was he tall?"
"Yeah. He was a pretty tall person."
"Oh. Yeah. I've seen him around. The cat dude."
"What? He has cats?"
"Yeah! He's pretty fond of them."
"Oh myyyy god Scarlett. He was so handsome."

Hours went by, and I made my way outside even though it was late at night. I sat down on the steps, pulling out a notebook. I drew what I saw in it, so it became by sketchbook. I sat for a good 45 minutes before a car pulled into the parking lot. It was the same dark green car Peter left in. He got out of the car, barely noticing me. Too bad I was in the light. He came my way and sat down next to me. He glanced over before asking what I was doing. I showed him that I was just writing down thoughts and whatnot before he noticed the topic of the page. It was labeled "The boy next door." I lost my train of thought before realizing it was about him.

Oh my god... He knew. My heart raced. He looked up and laughed before asking what my name was.
"So, pretty lady, since you seem to enjoy me, I guess I'll need to know your name."
"It's Jett."
"Jett? Hm, wonderful. It suits you."
I blushed, closing my notebook and looking over at him to see him untying his ponytail. It was late at night, and he seemed a little intoxicated. I'm sure he was just joking about me being a pretty lady. But again, I don't know. He could be anyone for all I'm aware of.

a/n
hi! first chapter with a solid 1129 words, there could be more but i didn't know what more to add since this is just the beginning of their journey. next chapter might be spicy (just a little) 🤗🤗