Phobia

To swim
without knowing the end,
without estimating the depth,
regardless of the cold
or the heat
Swim
by diving into the water, forgetting all of the fear,
when getting used to it,
diving into the real...

But I couldn't swim, I couldn't swim, I was afraid of water.

From the pool, the sea, the lake... Sometimes even a small puddle.

I had hydrophobia.

I had aquaphobia.

Drowning
Swimming
Sea
Pool
Too much water
I was very afraid of them.

And I looked at the elective course in the school system that appears on the computer tab in front of me.

Swimming lesson.

Was it a joke?

This must have been a big joke played on me by the universe, but I wasn't laughing, I was about to cry instead.

I called my best friend Nat on the phone. After a while the call was answered.

"Hello bro?" His cheerful voice came.

"Nat, something terrible has happened!" I cried.

"What happened?!" He asked immediately.

"I was late for the lesson selection, I had to choose the swimming lesson, there was only chance for it."

"Well bro, you have a phobia."

"That's why I called you, we need to find a solution Nat."

"You should ask the advisor tomorrow, maybe she can change the course from the system..."

...

"There is no change now, in any way?" I spoke nervously.

I didn't even know the teacher of the course, our school was very crowded and big, there were many elective courses, but luckily, all the courses were full.

"NuNew, the system was shut down last night, it won't open at my request. I can't assign you to another class, you have to take this class this semester."

My mentor teacher, Ella, couldn't understand why I insisted so much, but I didn't want to tell anyone about my phobia but my close friends, it wasn't even the last thing I wanted to make them know at school.

I left Ella teacher's room disappointed, there was nothing I could do. Ella said that the swimming instructor had just arrived this week and he was a very nice person, but that was not the problem, it was me.

To go to the first lesson, I walked to the building with the swimming pool inside the school campus and went inside.

The other students who chose this course had already arrived, gathered at the side of the pool.

With reluctance pouring from my face, I walked over to them, and seeing a young man at the place where they were gathered, I realized that he was a teacher.

I did not expect the teacher to be this young, he was very fit. He was wearing a sports t-shirt and sweatpants underneath.

I approached the students, the teacher found me as his eyes swept over me all, his gaze gave me a strange feeling and I averted my gaze.

It was illegal for a teacher to be this handsome, I had already noticed the admiring glances of the other students.

Rolled my eyes, I didn't want to be here.

At that time, I heard the teacher's masculine and beautiful voice. "Guys, sit down first, let's meet, talk about our lesson."

We all sat in the audience seats around the pool area, swimming races were sometimes held here, but I usually did not prefer to come.