𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

• 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱 •

She was following me. I could feel her behind us, her eyes on my back as she kept her distance. I almost stopped and told her to go put a jacket on if she was going to follow us outside, but then shit for brains next to me would have noticed her too.

I could have spoken into her mind, but I figured she probably thought she was being sneaky and didn't realize I could tell she was there.

When her dreams flooded my brain, it was completely unintentional on my end. Quite frankly, I could have lived my entire eternal life without seeing any of that. This dude did some fucked up things to her, and when I finally realized it was in fact memories, instead of a dream, that fucking itch came back.

I wasn't sure why I wanted to kill this guy for her. But the moment I set out to find him, I knew I would.

"How do you know Maeve," I asked, like I didn't already fucking know.

Owen startled, like he forgot I was there. "Oh...my parents fostered her for a bit. She's certifiably insane. She tried to burn the house down before we kicked her ass out. She had a history of violence before she came to our house and my mom thought she could fix her."

I raised an eyebrow. She tried to burn your fucking house down because you...

I hummed, turning my attention away from him, and away from that train of thought. He'd get what was coming to him.

I held the front door to the castle open just a bit longer than normal, allowing her the time to slip through before the door shut. I heard her catch her breath at the cold bite of air, and I cleared my throat to draw Owen's attention away from it.

But the dickhead didn't even hear her. How could he? He was still fucking talking. Why the hell was he still talking?

I eyed him.

"But she was fun before that," he continued.

I bet she was. I wondered if she still had visible scars. Mentally, absolutely she did. The moment she registered who he was, it was like a switch had been flipped. The angry, brazen woman that snapped at Zero was gone. Left in her place was a terrified little girl.

I didn't like her looking afraid.

"You don't have to walk me back," he said. "The wife and kid don't...take well to your kind."

Ah, the super sick wife that was going to die any day and the kid that wasn't his.

Yeah, same fucker.

I didn't say anything. I just kept walking beside him, heading in the direction of his house that he'd never walk into again. The itch just kept getting stronger. But it was daylight, and we had to get to the secluded section of South District if I was going to pull it off without anyone seeing.

Though really...who cared? Who was going to stop me?

I turned my head and met her eyes.

Certainly not her.

She stilled. She really was not good at trailing people. She didn't even try to conceal herself, and she was a lot closer than she probably should have been.

However, her trail followed a bit better. Had to give it to him. Useless everywhere else but at least he was a loyal little bitch.

'You're going to need to get better at the whole stalking thing,' I thought to her.

She flipped me off.

I faced forward and bit my lip to keep from smirking. It really wasn't the time. In about five minutes, I was going to kill this abusive fuck and she was going to watch as I did so.