(2). 𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙙!

"Hmmmm, this looks interesting." Chiara said softly.

"I've heard that this radio station is famous, and considering that I have YET to be able to find a job, let me try."

TELEPHONE

CONTACT: +63143431314

RINGING......

STEPHEN CHOI
Good afternoon! This is 143.0 LOVE FM, the radio station for all feelings of love. How may I help you?

CHIARA LEE
Uh..... Hi? I'm here at Circuit Park, and I saw one of your hiring billboards. I'd like to apply as a radio show host.

STEPHEN CHOI
Awesome! Can you give me your name and age?

CHIARA LEE
My name is Chiara Lee and I'm 23 years old.

STEPHEN CHOI
Wonderful! May I know where you took up your broadcasting course?

CHIARA LEE
I took a broadcasting course at the Seoul Highlands University.

STEPHEN CHOI
Oh, same! Wait a second, now that I think about it..... aren't you that girl who went university-viral because you accidentally slipped on a banana during lunchtime? *bursts into laughter*

CHIARA LEE
Well, I also think you were the student that ALSO went university-viral because you and your other friends were caught at the school during MIDNIGHT because you guys were apparently "ghost hunting". Sounds funny, right? *bursts into laughter*

STEPHEN CHOI
Ok, ok, ok. Let's stop exposing ourselves right now. Your interview is scheduled tomorrow, 1PM. Go to the second floor of the building and enter the room to your left. My sister and my radio partner, Janelle Choi will be there.

CHIARA LEE
TOMORROW!?!?!??! WHY TOMORROW!?!?!?

STEPHEN CHOI
Yep, it will be tomorrow. We won't schedule it on Sunday since it will be a very, VERY important as it will be our CEO Natalie Im's birthday!

CHIARA LEE
I'm sorry, but couldn't you schedule it on that day before the celebration? I have a scheduled mall shopping for tomorrow at exactly 1PM.

STPEHEN CHOI
We could, but then CEO Im will get mad at us. Our interviews for Monday to Friday are also already full so..... give or take?

CHIARA LEE
Fine.

STEPHEN CHOI
Great, thank you for applying for 143.0 Love Radio FM, the radio station for all feelings of love. This is Stephen Choi, thanks once again!

CHIARA LEE
Thanks too! *call ends*

Chiara suddenly felt the presence of that invisible weird energy she felt earlier slowly fading away. She knew it meant something to her.

"I'm not expecting that much though", she muttered. Chiara decided to also call her mom.

TELEPHONE

CONTACT: +63********* (✨️MY MOM✨️)

RINGING......

CAROLINE LEE
Hello, Chiara?

CHIARA LEE
Mom! Can I tell you something?

CAROLINE LEE
Sure darling, but please be fast. Currently in the restroom and need to return to the meeting room 5 minutes from now.

CHIARA LEE
I applied for a job.

CAROLINE LEE
OMG! YEYYYY! Congrats, dear! I knew you had the courage to! What company did you run for though?

CHIARA LEE
Uhhh, I applied for 143.0 Love FM as a radio show host. My interview's scheduled tomorrow, 1PM, so I'm sorry Mom, but we need to cancel our mall shopping....

CAROLINE LEE
Wow! That's actually one of the biggest radio companies! Don't worry dear, we can schedule it the next day, same time!

CHIARA LEE
I don't wanna get too positive yet. I might not get accepted.

CAROLINE LEE
Oh, Chiara. Just be thankful that you were able to find a company to apply. I'm happy for you, as always.

CHIARA LEE
Thanks Mom, you're the best!

CAROLINE LEE
Oop, looks like I gotta go dear. See you hwhen I go home!

CHIARA LEE
Bye mom!

After the call ended, Chiara felt both happy and sad. She was happy and joyful since she finally found a job that will give meaning to her life, but she was also sad and gloomy because she will miss her bonding times with her mom, which they have been doing ever since she came into this world. Chiara's mom is the only one who has been with her in every step of her life, but she also reflects on the lesson sometimes that she also needs to make her own stepping steps and be independent.

:: end of chapter 2 ::
chapter 3 coming soon!!!