1. the beginning

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

On October 4, 1977, Daisy Jones & The Six performed to a sold-out crowd at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. They were one of the biggest bands in the world at the time, fresh off their award-winning, multi-platinum selling album, "Aurora". It would be their final performance.

In the 20 years since members of the band and their inner circle have refused to speak on the record about what happened... Until now.

Lata: Testing, testing. Are we good sweetheart?

[Interviewer nods]

Lata: Alright, how does this work?

Interviewer: Can you introduce yourself?

Lata: My official title is Doctor Latika Desai, but just refer to me as Lata. Where did you want to begin?

Interviewer: Start at the beginning. How did you meet the band?

Lata: They were still The Dune Brothers when I met them and this was in LA so Karen was also there. They were loud, not bad but truth be told my taste was more Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin yet I stayed for their whole set at McNasty's

·𖥸·

Lata carried a lot on her shoulders, the one way she coped with that was by going to concerts or seeing live bands at bars. Just being amongst the crowd and having a good time drove the worries away.

It wasn't until she returned back to her dorm with ears still ringing that the stress of reality came back. Reality for Lata was being the only girl studying marine biology in a big campus such as UCLA. There wasnt a lot of girls in science programs, and if there was some they never stayed long. Not to mention that it felt sometimes as if she was the only woman of color in a science program

Not only was Lata stressing about not failing out of her class, dealing with misogynistic teachers and classmates but there was also the whole having to pay for everything one her own. Having moved to LA alone meant she'd have to make friends, and Lata wasnt very good at that. She had many acquaintances; people she'd study with, her roommates, small talk to pass time and the occasional concert.

That all changed a Wednesday when she decided to check out a band in the strip and drink a beer to relieve some stress. 

Lata wore a corduroy orange skirt with buttons down the middle, a black mesh long-sleeve top, brown belt, and knee-length brown-heeled boots. Her hair was her signature style elbow length black pinned straight and parted down the middle.

Walking into the bar Lata could hear the band even before she opened the door, they were loud. The perfect distraction.

Lata walks straight to the bar and pays for a beer while taking glances at the band who to her surprise weren't all men - they had a blonde pianist. Their rock sound was good and the instrumental break they had showed the talent that the band had which meant it wasn't the lead singer who carried the band.

Open bottle in hand Lata looks around for a table near the speakers to which there was a spot at a table next to some girl. 

"Can I sit here?" Lata shouts over the loud music and points at the chair next to the woman with long brown hair

The brunette  nods her head with a bright smile while saying, "Yeah!"

Lata places her beer and purse on the small round table before sitting down. Lata thought she was going to sit in silence, drink her beer, listen to the band, and let the loudness get rid of her anxiety-filled stress.

"I'm Camila!" The woman next to the girl who looked timid even with her mesh top and bralette showing

"My friends call me Lata!" Lata tries to be as nice as the woman she sat next to while internally Lata just wanted to also say 'I don't have a lot of friends'

·𖥸·

Lata: If it wasnt for Camila I would have never met the band

Interviewer: How so?

Lata: She complimented my hair [chuckle] right then I just wanted to be her friend.

Camila: Lata, the more you got to know her the more intimidating she was. Only the first time I saw her she did not look like she belonged at a bar like McNasty's - oh how wrong I was

When the band ended their set Lata clapped but not as loud as Camila.

Camila having talked a bit with Lata turns to her with a smile to ask, "Do you want to meet them?"

"The band?" Lata asks with furrowed brows rarely ever staying after to even try to meet the bands she'd watch play

Camila simply answers with a smile, "Yeah"

It wasn't hard to know that Camila had an infectious aura to her only because she looked like such a good person, "You know them?"

"The lead singer is my boyfriend," Camila laughs which was infectious

"Lead the way"

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏
Short but everything is just being set up
+ would yall like to know about their future through the interviews or at the end