7. appointments

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Billy: Everything had gone so slowly, and then suddenly it was just all happening so fast. We recorded our album in six days, had two weeks off, then it was time to hit the road.

With the band spending full days recording their album, it gave Lata and Camila a lot of time to get to know each other outside the loud noise of McNasty's. That is when they didn't visit the band at the studio, Camila was still their personal photographer and videographer meaning she was put to work while Lata stood behind the glass with Teddy Price and a producer.

Cooking was a way the two women got to bond outside of the band, considering Lata had to make a separate meal - being vegetarian and all.

"Lata can you keep a secret?" Camila asks while preparing brown rice her voice cutting through the radio filling the empty house

"Yes," Lata says without hesitation

Camila couldn't help but follow up with, "Even from Warren?"

"Does it have something to do with him?" Lata worriedly asks placing her knife next to the tomato she was cutting into small cubes

"No"

"Then yes." Lata says but doesn't go back to cutting the tomato, the sudden worry of the unknown secret landing in her chest "What's the secret?"

Camila covers the pot to let the rice rise before exhaling, "I think I'm pregnant"

That sentence was one Lata was familiar with hearing when it came to her female friends. The first time she heard them was when her first-year roommate said them leaving them both with not knowing what to do.

Now the words coming years later from Camila weren't as shocking and panic breaking leaving Lata with the ability to know what to do.

"You think, or you know?" Lata asks knowing both were two separate things and at the woman's lack of excitement meant there must be some fear

"I think."

"Okay, um" Lata takes a moment to come up with a plan - it's what she was supposed to be doing right? Be the voice of reason while Camila gets to worry "let's make an appointment with a clinic just to be sure and then we'll go from there. Yeah?"

"Yes."

That simple yes meant keeping a secret from the band, and considering they'd get home late and leave to the studio early it was fairly easy. Even going out on the day of said appointment was nothing to lie about since the two women were alone in the house.