9. five year plan

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Lata never did get the chance to move out, things with the new Dunne baby moved quickly. One night Camila was in the hospital, a few hours later there was a baby in her arms and then a day later the three girls were back at the house alone. Mrs. Alvarez had flown down to help with the baby, and after learning that Billy had gone to rehab and never to the hospital he'd made an enemy in his mother-in-law.

Julia Dunne was the cutest baby girl Lata had ever seen - that is after a week and the baby girl looked more like her own self rather than just a baby. Once the baby came home with Camila and Lata it was just the two of them for a few days and in those days Lata went to school for as little as she could. Lata didn't like being away from Camila, leaving her in the big house alone felt wrong.

When the band returned with the news that the tour was canceled the war to who was Julia's Godparents started. It was mainly something talked about late at night but that light-hearted conversation only lasted a week

Eddie: The label dropped us a week after the tour was canceled.

Warren: They made us pay back our advance and everything.

Graham: I kept us practicing as much as I could... and got a job at a body shop.

Warren: Yeah, I was working down at Malibu Harbor cleaning boats, which I loved, and, uh, and doing a lot of mushrooms. Which I also loved.

Eddie: Basically, we were back where we started. Worse, even.

Interviewer: Are you still upset about it?

Eddie: Me? Nah. I mean, holding onto that shit will be the death of you. But he really fսckеd us over.

Those early weeks of the band not being a band just roommates was new because Lata and Warren hadn't told everyone on how they were taking some space in the fact that they weren't going to be living together. With Lata not moving out the band caught on to the couple not acting couple-like. The two were no longer on the couch making out, touching all the time, or talking.

Even with jobs the band had gotten drunk after a very lousy day, making it so when Lata arrived from class late at night, she was met with the band both high and drunk off their minds.

Lata convinced everyone to eat a piece of toast and drink a glass of water, that is before she got almost everyone upstairs to head off to their room. The only one who wasn't budging on either part was Warren making Lata walk over to where he sat on the couch looking up at the ceiling.