13. let me down easy

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

November 9, 1975 was when The Six were officially joining forces with Daisy Jones. The record studio was booked only the two parties had different ideas as to what was going to be happening

Karen: We didn't really know what to expect.

Billy: The songs were all written and ready to go.

The 13 songs for the album already having been written wasn't something Daisy was on board for. She didn't join just to sing harmony on a bunch of love songs about Billy's wife.

Billy didn't like that opinion. Daisy on the other hand kept talking and make it known that she was there to make an album that is just as much her's as it is Karen's and Graham's and Warren's and Eddie's.

Eddie: She was saying things I'd been saying since '69.

Daisy's words spoke volumes as it made everyone else in the band support her meaning Billy couldn't just ignore their opinions. Eddie made it known that their sound was starting to steer into pop songs rather than rock and roll

At everyone's sudden opinion against his Billy made it known that maybe inviting Daisy was a mistake. That argument was quickly cut off by Teddy who kicked everyone out and ordered Billy and Daisy to go someplace and work on something together instead of acting like a bunch of kids.

·𖥸·

Having a day off Lata spent the morning sleeping in and when she woke up was ready to make herself a nice big breakfast. 

Led Zeppelin's album "Houses of the Holy" ran through the house as she chewed on crispy mushroom slices and made chocolate chip pancakes. The loud music is what made her not hear the door opening or the footsteps

When Warren wrapped his arms around her torso she jumped only to relax once she feels his his big hair next to hers and his caterpillar mustache on her cheek when he kissed her. 

"Hi," Lata smiles, leaning back to get a better look at him "What happened to the recording session?"

"Teddy kicked us out, so Billy and Daisy can work their shit out. We have the day off" Warren tells her before kissing down her neck and putting his hand under the oversized concert shirt Lata wore

Lata wanted to lean into his touch but the stove was on, "Wait, you're going to burn the pancake!"

With a laugh Warren untangles himself from her and leans against the counter, "What did you have planned for today?"