Chapter 2: She's not a daughter of the Shu family

Push her down? Into the lotus pond??

Shu Yu immediately took a step to the side, furrowing her brows. "Wait a minute, are you trying to kill me? Why?"

Her gaze swept over the several people present, including her father and siblings, but no one stepped forward to speak.

The old lady refused to even look at her, and it was the stewardess beside her who spoke up, saying coldly, "Third Miss... oh no, you're not the third miss of the Shu family anymore. You're just a wild seed that someone brought in from who knows where. Back then,  Xue Yiniang bribed the doctor to pretend to be pregnant, and on the day of delivery, she brought back a baby from outside to impersonate the third miss of the Shu family. That baby was you."

Shu Yu's brow furrowed tightly, and a hint of surprise flashed across her face.

She wasn't the daughter of the Shu family?? But how come this wasn't mentioned in the books?

Could it be that her arrival had caused the butterfly effect?

Shu Yu was puzzled, but the stewardess beside the old lady spoke up again, "You enjoyed fourteen years of luxury and privilege in the Shu family, but now that the truth has been exposed, it's only natural to set things right."

Shu Yu suddenly lifted her head. "Your idea of setting things right is to push me into the lotus pond to drown?"

The old lady finally spoke up. "The Shu family cannot allow such a stain to exist."

Shu Yu muttered under her breath, feeling a mix of anger and disbelief.

"So, the snake in my room earlier was also your doing?"

The Miss of the Shu family snorted. "Actually, being bitten by a snake would be less painful for you."

Shu Yu looked at the others, but they all felt that the old lady's decision was correct. The reputation of the Shu family was more important than anything else. Besides, as a wild seed that no one cared about, if she died, no one would notice.

Shu Yu now understood why the Shu family had ended up being exiled. Even the supporting role couldn't escape becoming an accomplice on the road to self-destruction.

The two stewardesses had come over with ropes, ready to tie Shu Yu's hands.

Shu Yu instinctively wanted to fight back, but then she had a change of heart and didn't move.

She couldn't change the outcome now. The people of the Shu family would live safely until their exile three months later. She didn't need to waste her energy now.

Three months later... then she would take revenge for the grudges and grievances she had suffered.

But she couldn't just calmly 'go to her death' like this.

Suddenly, Shu Yu laughed and her gaze swept over the people present one by one. "You can kill me, but before I die, can I say a few words?"

"Do you have last words?" Miss Shu sneered. "I'll give you a chance, let's see what you can say."

Shu Yu's hands were tied behind her back, but the past image of her hanging her head like a transparent person had completely disappeared. People even felt that her figure inexplicably grew taller.

Shu Yu's gaze lingered on the person on the far left. "Uncle Shu, isn't the beautiful mistress in Jintai Lane your favorite? She's pregnant again recently. She was even sold by the madam, but you took her back. That's true love."

Uncle Shu widened his eyes and faced the incredulous gaze of the madam, he immediately tried to explain.

However, Shu Yu continued, "old Madam, your nephew from your family just killed his second wife. Recently, you have been discussing marrying your second younger sister who is also a bastard daughter, right? It can solve your troubles and also give an account to your family."

"Second Young Master Shu, it was the old lady who helped you pay off the debt at the gambling house, although it was with her own money. But if you continue to gamble, you will have to use the public money."

"Second Madam, you gave Liu Yiniang medicine to cause her miscarriage, which hurt Second Young Master Shu's heart. It's no wonder he went to the gambling house to gamble and drown his sorrows with alcohol."

"Big Sister, you..."

"Shut up, shut up! Didn't I tell you to shut up?" The old lady viciously tapped her cane, and seeing that the people she named all had changed expressions, she immediately signaled to the two maids behind her, "Aren't you going to do anything?"

Shu Yu regretfully said, "Didn't you ask me to clarify my last words?" When the Shu family was exiled, there were more things than just these. These things were all written in the books.

"You are just talking nonsense. I really underestimated you. You never say anything on normal days, but before you die, you are trying to provoke discord and destroy the harmony of my Shu family. It's despicable." The old lady was so angry that she couldn't maintain her calm expression anymore, and she hammered the ground in frustration.

The other members of the Shu family also joined in, and the two maids didn't dare to delay any longer. They tied a large stone to Shu Yu's ankle and hurriedly pushed her into the lotus pond.

It wasn't until Shu Yu's body sank to the bottom of the pond that the old lady finally breathed a sigh of relief.

However, what she didn't know was that when Shu Yu sank down, she had already untied the rope on her wrist. When she reached the bottom of the pond, she had also freed herself from the rope and stone on her ankle.

She dove forward and quietly stuck out half of her head under a lotus leaf.

The people on the shore had not yet left, as if making sure that she wouldn't float up.

The old lady ordered the two servant women, "Tomorrow night, you can pull her up and say that  third Miss  came out to enjoy the cool at night, accidentally fell into the water, and lost her life."

"Yes," the two servant women responded quickly.

The old lady then said to the patriarch of the Shu family, "Deal with Xue Yiniang later and announce to the public that Xue Yiniang couldn't bear the pain of losing her daughter and died of depression."

The patriarch of the Shu family also agreed without any objections.

However, Shu Yu remembered that Xue Yiniang did not die in the book, and she was also on the list of those exiled. She didn't know how she managed to avoid this disaster.

But now Shu Yu understood why Xue Yiniang was so heartless towards her own daughter.

Young Shu Yu had not only suffered from hunger and fought with dogs for food, but also was left in a room to die from a high fever. She kneeled under the scorching sun in the yard to admit her mistakes until she fainted, and almost died from being beaten directly by Xue Yiniang.

Everyone in the Shu family thought that Xue Yiniang was not happy that Shu Yu was a girl, so she held grudges against her and were not close to her.