Chapter 3: People Doing Things?

Shu Yu also thought this way. She wanted to gain her mother's approval, so she worked hard and obediently, being careful not to cry or make a fuss. However, it didn't work. Xue yiniang grew to dislike her even more, resorting to physical punishment and verbal abuse.

Now, everything is clear to Shu Yu.

She watched as the whole family left and quietly made her way to the shore, coming out of the lotus pond.

Fortunately, the old lady didn't want to make a big deal out of it, and had sent the servants back early. They didn't run into anyone on the way.

But because of the words she had spoken earlier, the lights in their courtyard had remained on, and occasionally, she could hear some arguing and it seemed that the old lady fainted.

Shu Yu smiled, went back to her own courtyard, changed into clean clothes, packed a few inconspicuous things, and then, familiar with the place, slipped out of the Shu family's main gate.

By now, the sky was beginning to brighten, and there were a few pedestrians on the road.

In another quarter of an hour, the East An city gate would open, and Shu Yu planned to leave the city.

The Shu family would definitely be secretly searching for her body tonight, but now, the Shu family was too busy dealing with their own problems. The words she had said last night were enough to stir up chaos in the Shu family.

Shu Yu was about to set off when she saw a nun standing not far away.

The nun looked somewhat familiar, like someone from the Dong Qing Temple outside the city. Shu Yu was wondering when the nun came over and handed her a box.

"Benefactor, this is what the abbot asked me to give you."

"Dong Qing master?"

A year ago, while praying for blessings with her family at Dong qing Temple, Shu Yu accidentally fell off a cliff, she accidentally fell off a cliff, and the soul of this body  was replaced by hers.

During her recovery at the temple, she met the temple master who she realized was not an ordinary person and had remarkable abilities, particularly in the area of face reading and fortune-telling.

Interested, Shu Yu followed her and learned how to observe and interpret people's behavior and expressions for half a month, and even called her "Master" in private.

The nun nodded and said, "The master is traveling around, and before leaving, she instructed me to wait here. If I saw the benefactor leaving, I would give this box to the benefactor."

Shu Yu was curious and opened the box, finding a letter and a household registration guide inside. How did the master know she would need this?

She quickly opened the letter, and the handwriting of the temple master at Dongqing Temple was clear and distinct.

"Ai Yu, by the time you read this letter, Master have already left. Go find your biological parents. If some debts are not paid off, they will weigh you down. This is the address and name of your parents. Take care."

Shu Yu's pupils contracted, she only found out the previous night that she was not Shu's daughter, but the master already knew who her biological parents were and where they lived.

Can fortune-telling really be so accurate?

Shu Yu felt that something was wrong, she put away the letter, and asked the little nun in front of her, "Did the master say anything else before leaving?"

"Master said that if you have any questions, you will know the answer when you see the address on the letter," the little nun paused and suddenly looked up at her, lowering her voice, "Master also said that Shu's family would know your identity, and it was she who revealed it. In fact, I've been waiting for you here for two days."

Shu Yu, "..."

Why keep secrets? Why reveal her identity to Shu's family?

With a stern face, Shu Yu snapped the lid of the box shut and walked away.