* ˚ ✦Chapter 4: Above and Beyond Different Worlds˚✦

Art by OMOCAT (from Omoriboy Blog).

*ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚‗ ❍⋆.ೃ࿔*:・*:・゚✧*:・☄. *. ⋆

"Welcome to Whitespace!"

Omori sat on the floor with his cat, laptop, sketchbook, and tissue box below the hanging light bulb. He was just there, not doing anything. He sat to think, every little thought flooded his head louder than any thunderstorm.

He fiddled with his laptop for a while, then sketched on his book. A few times he even walked around the endless white void. He's been there for as long as he could remember. But it was getting pretty boring...

He did everything repeatedly like a looped short music playlist. Sure it was calming, but there needed to be something other than his current situation. So, Omori went to the door and entered it. Well, at least something different is happening.

"Welcome to Headspace!"

From the official OMORI game

Omori entered the door, coming into a dreamy land of purple. There he saw three of his close friends. Kel, fun-loving and ever so joyful. Aubrey, carefree and quite adorable (and Kel's "arch-nemesis"). And Hero, the responsible big brother.

"Omori!" Aubrey cheered, "you're back!"

Omori stepped onto Headspace to see his friends. Kel came to him first to shake his hand. "Guess what, I won the game this time," Kel boasted with a smirk on his face. Aubrey gasped angrily and protested, "That was because he was cheating! He had too many of the same card." She pouted at him as he stuck his tongue out. "Okay," Hero interrupted nervously, "that's enough fighting you two. We don't want to fight in front of Omori when he just arrived, do we?"

Aubrey and Kel had an upset look on their faces. "Fine," they both groaned. "Anyway," Hero continued, "Basil and Mari invited us for a picnic today. We should probably go now to keep them from waiting!" That was correct, Omori almost forgot about the picnic.

After all, Omori would hang out with them every day.

Omori saw his sister every day.

Mari was always very happy.

None of them ever got hurt.

They were all okay...

Anyway...! "Time to go!" Kel exclaimed as he ran toward the exit. Aubrey followed, starting a race for him and her. Omori nodded to Hero's direction and proceeded to the exit too. They all formed a single-file line with Omori up front, since he was like the "main character," Aubrey was next, since she had a close connection to Omori, Kel was third, he just felt the need to be next to Aubrey, and Hero was last, so he could keep good watch of the others. As they all formed the line, they went out the door.

Wow, it was an amazing place. Omori walked out the door to breathe in the atmosphere. Kel and Hero went out next to see Aubrey stuck in the door. "Help, I'm stuck!" she cried.