Prologue: A Story Begins With Death

(Author's Shabalabadongs: MC's name is changed to Akihiro but you can insert yourself to be the MC, I don't care, just read)

On a beautiful morning, a young high school boy slowly opened his eyes as the warm glow of sunlight washed over his face. The sound of birds chirping brought a sense of tranquility to his mind.

As the boy sat up, he stretched his arms and legs, taking in the fresh, crisp air that filled his lungs.

"Tonight was good, I can't believe I managed to finish reading demon slayer in one night. Still... I got 4 hours of sleep." He looked at the mirror and his eyes bag.

He'd rather keep sleeping, but he remembered that he had to wake up early even though it was Sunday. He has errands to run and plans to hang out with his friends later, as they had planned to watch the latest Demon Slayer movie - Mugen Train.

"Onii-san!!! Wake up already!" A voice shouted from downstairs.

"I am already up!" He groggily yelled back. The sound of his younger sister's voice was a common occurrence on Sunday mornings, as she would always remind him of their plans for the day.

"Then go take a shower already, the bath is ready!" His sister yelled from the kitchen.

He let out a long yawn, his body still feeling sluggish from just waking up. "Yeah, yeah. Stop yelling," he grumbled in response as he stumbled his way to the bathroom.

After finishing up in the shower, he reluctantly stepped out of the bathroom and quickly dried himself off. As he wrapped the towel around his waist, he took a deep breath and braced himself for the chilly air outside the bathroom.

"Ugh... It's snowing, I hate cold," he grumbled to himself as he peered out of his bedroom window. He could see the soft, powdery flakes drifting down from the sky, coating the world in a blanket of white.

Akihiro made his way downstairs, following the delicious aroma of freshly cooked food. As he entered the kitchen, he saw his little sister standing at the stove, stirring a pot of steaming soup.

"Morning, sis," he greeted her with a smile.

"Morning, Nii-san!" she replied, looking up at him with a grin. "I made breakfast for us. Sit down and I'll bring it over."

"Where are Mom and dad?" Akihiro asked as he sat down.

"They have gone for a morning date since it's nearing Christmas. They always did that, you know?" His sister said as she placed a plate of food on the table.

Akihiro nodded, smiling at the thought of his parents' yearly tradition.

"Ah, right. I remember now. It's nice that they still make time for each other even after all these years," he remarked.

His sister nodded in agreement. "Yeah, they're so cute together. But don't worry, they'll be back soon. In the meantime, let's enjoy our breakfast together."

Akihiro nodded and continued to eat, savoring the warm soup and crisp toast. As he ate, he couldn't help but feel grateful for the little moments like this, the ones that made life worth living.

"Do you have a girlfriend, nii-san?" his little sister asked.

Akihiro almost coughed his food out. "Uh... What? Why do you ask that? Aya-chan?" he replied, feeling caught off guard.

"Nothing, it's just that you smile creepily," she responded.

"Smile creepily? That's a hurtful thing to say to your brother. I am just grateful for today," Akihiro retorted defensively.