Chapter 7: Dream or Uncertainty?

(A/N: Well, I am back even though I am currently sick since I got back from the beach with my friends. I got a decent report card from school but what's important is I didn't get punished. That's all, thank you for staying)

1st POV:

The cold... I can't say I've ever been fond of it. It's always been a season of discomfort and bad luck for me. I never believed that anyone would like the coldness. Snow and winter have never held much appeal, bringing with them the dreaded onslaught of colds and misfortune. But lately, I've found myself contemplating the enigmatic nature of the coldness.

I attempted to find answers during my free moments, away from training with Kyojuro and Senjuro. I eagerly explored the books in their possession, particularly those related to snow. However, to my disappointment, none of the books offered the answers I sought. Instead, they contained mostly stories and anecdotes, lacking the concrete information I desired.

If there is something I would write about snow is... It's hurtful and lonely. Everything bad happened when it's snow, I believed that.

* * *

I found myself in a hazy space, it felt vivid. I navigated through the shifting shadows while trying to understand where am I or why I am here until I stumbled upon a scene that captured my attention.

There, in the center of the dream, sat a mother, cradling her precious baby in her arms. The baby's cries filled the air, echoing with a raw and piercing sadness. The mother, with a tender expression on her face, gently rocked back and forth in a weathered wooden chair.

Her eyes, pools of warmth and love, she whispered soothing words to her inconsolable child. With each gentle sway, she cradled the little one closer to her heart.

A flicker of recognition stirred within me. It was as if a forgotten memory had resurfaced, reminding me of a mother's love—my own mother's love—that once enveloped me in its gentle embrace.

"Aki," the mother murmured, her voice a tender lullaby. And as if in response to her soothing words, the baby's cries gradually subsided.

I noticed that the name of the baby and mine is almost the same. I couldn't help but smile. My mother used to call me that but as I grew up, I didn't really like it much since I thought it was childish.

A sorrowful voice resonated, "Akihiro... My child... My sweet child." Her words held a bittersweet weight, reaching into the depths of my being.

"You may face burdens along your journey," her voice continued, filled with a mixture of pride and concern. "But remember, my dear one, the words of your mama. You will never walk alone. When the time comes, when you choose to protect those who deserve it. You become a shining star amidst the cold winter snow."

Her words lingered in the air, both a solemn vow and a gentle reminder.

"Akihiro Kinoshita isn't an ordinary person, isn't that right?" I widened my eyes in surprise as the mother's gaze shifted from the baby to me.

I searched her warm smile, searching for answers and understanding. Where am I? Who is she? 

I hesitated, gathering my thoughts, before finding the courage to respond. "I... I don't know," I stammered, my voice laced with a mixture of uncertainty and curiosity.

Am I special because of my reincarnation? I don't know.

The mother's smile deepened, an expression of unwavering support and encouragement. "Sometimes, our true nature, our purpose in this world, is shrouded in mystery," she said, "But remember, Akihiro, there is greatness within you. Embrace the path that unfolds before you, for you hold the power to shape your destiny and others."

As the dream began to fade, I walk to her. Her eyes, a captivating shade of dreamy blue, resemble mine, yet they possessed an otherworldly beauty that exuded a motherly warmth.

As I stepped closer, a profound connection began to stir within me. It was as if I had known her for a lifetime, or perhaps even longer. In her presence, I felt a deep sense of comfort and love.

The words trembled on my lips as I mustered the courage to ask the question that lingered within me. "Who are you?" I whispered, my voice filled with curiosity.

The mother's serene smile softened, her eyes reflecting a tender understanding. Without a word, she extended her hand, and I instinctively reached out to grasp it. The touch was gentle. She gently squeezed my hand, offering a reassuring presence.

"Aki," her voice carried a tender affection that wrapped around my heart."I, as your mother will always love you. There is nothing that a mother wouldn't wish but the best for her child and I wish the same. It doesn't matter if your souls are two, in my heart, you will always be mama's boy." Her words enveloped me like a comforting embrace.

Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring the world around me and causing everything to fade into a hazy oblivion. In that moment, a flicker of a distant memory emerged. It was a memory of a child seeking solace, finding comfort in the tender embrace of a mother's love.

I knew who she was—the mother who had cradled me, who had whispered words of love and warmth in my ear. She maybe not the mother of the past life me would know but the memory tells me that... she is my mother.

"Thank you... very much." I choked out the words. There was a part of me that made me difficult to say the next word. The lingering attachment to my previous life, to my past life mother. It made me weak and doubt myself. 

With a deep breath, I mustered the courage to let go of the lingering attachment and doubt. 

"Mother." The word escaped my lips.

"Mother," I said once more, with a voice more resolute and sure.

In that moment, I realized that I didn't need to carry the burden of doubt or the weight of attachment. The love and guidance of my past life mother were an integral part of who I had become, and her memories would forever be cherished in the depths of my heart.

But I also knew that I had a mother in this present life, a mother who cared for me and loved me unconditionally. I don't know where she is or what her name is but... I want to find her.

The dream, now on the verge of slipping away entirely, seemed to glow with a warm, ethereal light.

With a final, heartfelt glance at Mother in the dream, I whispered, "Thank you for everything."

As the dream dissipated, I couldn't look at her dreamy blue eyes anymore. 

- To Be Continued

(A/N: This is pretty short than the other. Since this only has 1000+ words than the normal one but I just want this chapter to be focused on a dream, yes, probably boring, I know but if this isn't your cup of tea then leave. we ain't going on the route of the usual fanfic mc that has harem, system, no personality, and all of that. kick yourself out of here kindly if you search that. Anyway, we'll be going to meet Kanae and Shinobu soon, probably 3 or 4 more chapters soon after the final selection. So, be patient tehe~)