Cheerleader Blues

"Hi Miss Abby!" I exclaim as I walk in the studio "Well you're chipper this morning yellow darling." Miss Abby says I smile at her and continue to the dancers den. The reason I'm so happy is because I heard my mom and miss Abby talking over the phone and they said that I have a duet with Brooke! I'm so excited Brooke is like my older sister I love her so much. In the dancers den everyone is already here I set my bag down and go stretch beside Brooke. "Hi Lia how are you feeling today?" Brooke asks with a smile I giggle and tell her good she gives me a confusing look but continues stretching.

I enter with the rest of the girls to studio A, to pyramid. "Vivi-Anne, where's you dance clothes?" Miss Abby asks Vivi as we all sit down on the floor. A "It's in the car." Vivi answers. "You need to be dressed and ready to dance when you walk in this building, yes?" Vivi nods. I don't know what Cathy was thinking. "Your mom was upset about the costume." We look over to Nia, "Your mom was upset about the costume even before you went onstage." We look at Chloe, "But that cannot happen again." I look over to Holly and Christi, and back to Miss Abby. "Now I just want to give a round of applause to our beautiful Amelia for getting a perfect score on her solo she was head and shoulders above the rest of you." The moms and girls clap and congratulate me I just smile and try to hide my blush on my face. She then flips the pyramid over.
                             Amelia 
                  Maddie Chloe Brooke
         Paige Nia Mackenzie Vivi-Anne

"Let's talk about what we're gonna do this weekend. We're going to New Jersey, and we are going to do an acrobatic gymnastic routine." Miss Abby announces, "And a lyrical duet with Brooke and Amelia." I hug Brooke from the side and she holds me for the rest of the pyramid. "Overall, I evaluated all of your performances. So, Lia, you won that competition and the title. So I'm gonna leave you right here where you were." I nod. "Brooke, I expect you to help the younger students. And I expect you to know the choreography first and help everybody else." Miss Abby tells Brooke, "All right, Nia, Paige, and Lia you'll be doing the tumbling part and the acro part. Vivi-Anne, because you're new here, and you really don't know all of our terminology, I'm gonna work with you privately this week. And so you're gonna do a solo at the competition this weekend.""All right, girls, get up, get ready to rehearse." Miss Abby says and we all stand up, "Moms, thank you very much. Vivi, don't forget-- You need to be in dance clothes whenever you walk in this room, ready to go."

3 days till competition
Melissa's POV

The moms watched up in the viewing room as the girls began learning the group routine.
"I need to know what it's going to take to get my daughter moved up on this pyramid"
Kelly exclaims. "Why is Lia on top?" Kelly
says "she actually pyramids the kids and puts them.." Cathy starts. "Yes" Kelly answered cutting off Cathy. "Okay, so Vivi was... second line shit." Cathy laughs. "Just been the new person coming in, why do you guys put up with this?" Cathy questions. "She's the best choreographer"  I replied. The pleasant atmosphere was swiftly cut by Kelly. "This is an acro dance, Brooke should be at the center" I look down at the girls. "Maddie is in the second line and Lia is just as good at acro and contortion as Brooke" I tell her. "Oh, but Lia on the top of the pyramid" Kelly argues. "I know but that has to do with last weeks performance. Lia deserves to be on top she got a perfect score. Don't talk about another kid, when you don't know how the pyramid works Kelly." I replied sternly. The tension grows quickly in the small room. Kelly not wanting to admit her fault, continues. "I don't know, I'm gonna go ask her" "Go ahead" I say

                            Amelia's POV

"All right, let's-- "Abby," Kelly enters the studio, distractions, "I think we need to talk, what's the problem with us?" They continue talking and I do a back walkover.
After the group dance rehearsal, we pack everything and go back home.