III

"And in that story, the husband is.. A-Are you still listening Shu?" Y/n had noticed she was blabbering about her work so much, Shu was just staring at the letter Mysta directed to Y/n. He shook his head and blinked twice. "Yeah, I was listening."

"I like how you made the story as it was a riddle, puzzle. It's fun to put two and two together." Shu ruffled her hair, praising said girl. "Good job, Y/n!"

Ding dong!

"I'll get it!" Luca's muffled voice said.

"Thanks!" Shu said. Turning his full attention to Y/n who's sitting on the floor, Shu's eyes looked saddened.

"You alright?"

"About you and Ike.."

"Oh no-"

"Have you two been in a.. difficult situation these days?"

Y/n pondered for her answers, they are financially stable and their bills are always paid on time. Food are always bought fresh every end of the week but..

"We've had some differences in our career.." The brunette frowned. "It's just that- I've always worked so hard on my stories to make them interesting for the readers but Ike is.. he's just something else! What infuriates me more is that he's only published his book three months ago!"

Y/n huffed and crossed her arms, anger slowly flooding in. "Maybe I am jealous? I don't know!?"

"Jealous of me?"

Y/n's eyes widened at the familiar voice. The tone, the tease. She swallowed her own saliva, slowly turning to the source.

Oh no.

"Elsker, you should've told in the first place." Ike says, his arms crossed. Y/n wanted to choke him because he's dressed fashionably today.

Ugh.

"By the way, my cookie can you leave the three of us to talk privately?" Ike smiled. Something about that usually charming, sweet smile of his seemed rather off.

"Oh yeah, Vox is taking you out to the mall today! He's already outside," Luca beamed.

"Just both of them.. alone?" Ike quickly turned his head after hearing what Luca just had said. "When did you two started getting close?-" Y/n inquired but was cut of by Shu fixing her hair.

Luca nodded, his smile not faltering. "What's wrong with two friends getting along?" Shu asked out of nowhere, he was in the middle of fixing Y/n's outfit. To Ike, it looked like a mother dressing her daughter up for a date.

"Right, they haven't seen each other in a year.." Ike agreed but deep down he hated the idea and the lovebirds know it. "Have fun, my smart cookie!" Ike waved as she exited the front door.

"So," Luca started. "What did you want to talk about?" His friendly demeanour seemed to shake off after Y/n left the house.

"And how did you know Y/n was here?"

"Firstly, Luca, I want to talk to you both about my relationship with Y/n. Secondly, Shu, I told her to stay with you for the night because I wasn't home yesterday."

Luca sighed in relief, sinking onto his seat on the couch. "Finally you're breaking up with her."

"What? No, quite the opposite actually." The blonde aussie straightened himself in confusion whilst his fiancé braced himself for what's about to come. "I'm actually planning of marrying her."

"WHAT?!"

° • ~

"Where are you taking me? This isn't the way to the mall.."

Vox smiled as he took a quick glance at his friend. "Somewhere that would bring you nostalgia~"

Y/n shook her head at his secrecy. Although she seemed to realised the familiar scenery, she couldn't think of where their destination would be.

"Y/n." Vox called out to her. The brunette hummed in response. "If Ike ever starts to not treat you right, I can always treat you better." His voice was velvety, he sounded caring and genuine.

Not once has she ever heard him sound like this and it made her think of what Ike could have done. "Why are you saying that?"

"Luca told me everything," The raven answered with no hesitation. His eyes were saddened, he seemed to be blue in thought of what his ex-nemesis had told him. "If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine but please keep in mind that I'm always there for you,"

Y/n smiled a bit after hearing what he said. "Thanks Voxy,"

Vox seemed to be flushed after glancing at her face for a few seconds. It felt like he fell in love with her again ever since two years after graduating.

The raven then frowned, remembering what his friend told him after they graduated.

"Vox, you know I love you right? Can you please do me a favour and stop talking to Y/n? I want a full year after graduating of me and her alone. You can do that for me, right?"

The grip he has on the steering wheel has been clenched tightly. How foolish was he to agree with what he asked for. The memory of him asking Vox a favour in a sweet, innocent tone angered him more and more.

Thankfully the raven is now friends with Luca after the whole exchange of stories they had on the same person. He's glad they got to settle their differences aside to protect Y/n.

"Wait.. is this.."

"Yup, we're here!" Vox smiled.

Y/n's face lightened up seeing the familiar destination. It was a tree decorated with paper shikigami dolls, cutouts of chibi lions and foxes hanged on it's bark.

"This was the place where I first met Mysta!" Quickly taking off her seatbelt, the brunette opened the car door and went to examine to tree up close.

Vox who was catching up to her was panting for breaths. "Please don't ever run." Y/n paid no mind to him, simply admiring the tree that stayed untouch.

"Luca and I planted this tree when we were little, I still remember Mysta running up to us when we dug a hole." She placed a hand on the tree, closing her eyes as she began to remember how she met her childhood best friend. "I miss him so much.."

"You should say that directly to him," Vox said.

"What?" Y/n turned around to face the raven, she was confused. "He's not here, how would I do that?"

Vox pointed behind her. "Maybe turn around?" Doing as he told her to, she was met by a familiar figure.

"Mysta!?"

"Hey bestie, I missed you too!"

○ ● ○ ● ○

A/n: It's 5am pls spare me.