XV

Two knocks on the door made Mysta beam from nothingness to happiness. He waited for the person to open the door and if he were to have a tail, it would wag side to side in joy.

"Little fox!" Mysta exclaimed on excitement when Y/n and Ike entered his hospital room.

Ike pouts, crossing his arms. "I guess that wasn't directed to me," he mumbled but the two best friend's were too emotional seeing each others' faces, they didn't heat him.

"How are you doing? Did you eat well? Please remember to eat all your food because I don't want my best friend to be all skin and bones when I see him!"

"How have you been doing?! Don't worry about me you emotinal brat, I'm fine! God, I want to punch you so hard because I thought you forgot about me, WAAAA-"

"What?! No way would I ever forget my best ever awesome childhood friend in my entire life, Mr. Detective Mysta Rias! I would be a sinner and a betrayer if I ever did!"

"Oh, you sweet-talker, I'm getting butterflies." Mysta giggled playfully as he and Y/n laughed with each other. The detective then sighed. "I guess you forgot about me because you care about Ike more.."

Ike raised his hands in a surrender like gesture. "I did not sign up for this." He outright says to Mysta.

Mysta crossed his arms and pouts. "If you're dating Y/n, it's a two in one package deal." He huffed.

"...two in one?" Ike repeated, tilting his head in confusion.

Y/n widened her eyes. "Oh no."

Mysta smirked in return. "Dating Y/n means you're basically low-key, indirectly dating me too because boyfriend, I am her bestie for life!" He said with pride.

Ike raised a finger to question yet his throat didn't leave any words out to say.

"I was joking," Mysta said to the Swede with a serious tone in his words. "Anyways, how's it going with your careers?"

Y/n and Ike looked at each other before looking back to Mysta to answer. "Y/n quit her job,"

Mysta widened his eyes. "What? Little fox why would you do that?!"

"We have an explanation calm down," Y/n smiles, sitting at the end of the bed. "Ike and I will be moving to his country."

Mysta was skeptical but it was soon confirmed by a nodding Ike.

"Why?" Mysta asked, raising a brow and pouting his lips.

Ike smiled proudly at himself, hands on his hips as he says: "We're engaged,"

"What?!" Shu and Luca both exclaimed in surprise. Luca passed out at the news given by Ike and Y/n.

"Luca!" Y/n went to his side.

Shu ignored his fiancé, he looked at Ike with a happy expression. "Congratulations!" He clapped his hands. "How did he ask you?" He looked at Y/n.

Ike blushed, he hid his face using both his hands as his face turns red in embarassement.

"He wrote me a poem," Y/n laughed.

"And how did that go?" The married men raised their brow, leaning in to know more. Y/n chuckles in return, she's going to tell them the most romantic story ever.

~ • °

"Ikey!!"

"Cookie!" Ike dropped his bags to the ground and opened his arms to let his lover jump into them to hug him. "Ah.. I miss being home with you.." He mumbled on her shoulder.

Y/n chuckled, holding him tightly. "I missed you." She sighed.

"You visited me yesterday.." Ike rolled his eyes in a playful manner.

Vox cleared his throat, crossing his arms as he glared at the lovebirds who are leeching at each other in the doorway. "I'm here too, Y/n." He was the one who picked Ike up from the hospital and drove him to their apartment.

"Right, thanks for bringing him home." Y/n pulled away from Ike, giving the tall ravenette a smile.

Vox rolled his eyes, he's annoyed. "What do I get out of this?"

"Stop being mean to my girlfriend." Ike clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth.

"Don't go sassy on me, Eveland."

Y/n looked at the two, she knew they were best friend but somehow this isn't like how they normally argue.

"Uh.. I'm gonna take your bags inside." Y/n said, trying to get away from the tense tension.

Vox and Ike stared at each other. "Do you know what day it is today?"

Vox nods. "Yeah, good luck buddy." He gave the swede a small smile. "And I wish you two the very best in life."

"Ike, I told you to never give me anything fancy or expensive." Y/n looks at all the gifts on the bed that he had hidden for months.

Ike scratched his cheek, a bead if sweat fell onto the side of this cheek. "Well.."

Y/n caught his expression, she leaned in closer to his face as she hums. "You're very good at keeping secrects, Ikey. Is this something I should be worried about?" 

"N-No, no.." Ike stuttered, there was something rectangular folded in his hand. "I'm just.. nervous,"

Y/n walked to him and caressed his cheek. "Why?" She asked in a soft and gentle tone. It was clear she cares about him a lot, it was clear Ike wanted to spend his whole life with her.

Taking a deep breath, Ike gives the folded paper to Y/n and the girl reads it.

"I can't see you without feeling wonder,
I can't hold you without feeling safe,
But most of all
I can't exist without you in my life.." As Y/n reads the last line, she sees Ike on one knee, holding out a white box.

Ike opens the box to reveal a rose gold ring with a diamond in the center. "Y/n, would you give me the honour to be my wife?"