XI

"Kärlek." Eki called out to the girl who has been ignoring him more often. He decided to take her out on another date but was slightly irritated when she was always not listening.

Her eyes were glued onto her phone, scrolling through an app and occasionally laughing to herself.

"Y/n.." He called her out again, this time with him sounding like he was pleading.

"Yeah?"

"Do you not like hanging out with me anymore?" He frowned.

Y/n turned off her phone and hummed. "Maybe."

Eki took a quick glance at her, although he was not showing it, he was actually scared of the answer. "W-Why is that, mín kärlek?"

"You and I have jobs as authors and you know how busy it gets."

"I see.." Eki's grip on the the shopping bags he's holding tightened but soon he calmed himself. "I took some time off from my work just to spend more time with you. You should do the same, take time off from work I mean."

"Can't, I'm a workaholic. I won't be satisfied if my work isn't finish and even if I do take time off, I'll worry about what comes next after the chapter."

Eki pouted in anger, there was no point in arguing with her. He doesn't want to sound like a bad boyfriend so giving up was the best thing he could do.

Just as he doesn't want to track her down everywhere she has to go or is currently at, Eki always a heavy heart when the topic of letting go or letting it be comes up.

"Darling,"

Y/n didnt feel comfortable with the nickname given by him. "Mm.. yeah?" She replied nonetheless. He hasn't gotten a clue she now knows he's replacing Ike for the sake of loving her.

Thinking back, she was so affectionate and loving to - probably and hopefully - Ike during their first few period of dating so the nickname giving were a bit hard to get used to especially when she found out his real identity.

"I have a surprise for you tonight!" He grinned, pushing up his glasses.

"You know I don't like surprises.."

His smile widened. "You'll love it, I promise."

° • ~

"Where are you taking me, Mysta?" Y/n looked around the secluded and quiet area with anxiety. This wasn't very likely of him to do so as she knows he's very afraid of the dark and the eerie aura.

Mysta turned to her and smiled. "You'll see!"

It turns out, Eki had gotten Mysta to help him out with the surprise he was talking about earlier during their date.

"Mysta, it's too far from home and the city. Are you sure this is the place?"

"Of course it is! Just trust your bestie, bestie." Weird, Mysta is acting more optimistic than usual nowadays.

Don't get it wrong though, Y/n loves it when Mysta is cheery and loud but this unusual cheeriness is kind of off putting and unsettling at the same time. It made her wonder if he got hit on the head or something..

"Oh lookie! We're almost there, y/n!" Mysta pointed to somewhere in the distance.

Y/n pushed leaves away from her face, sneezing when some pollen got into her nose then looked up to the area Mysta was pointing at.

An abandoned warehouse?

Why does this place look like deja vu?

"Uh.. mys, are you sure this is the right place?"

Mysta rolled his eyes. "Duh, he sent me the location." He sounded pissed.

"Oh.. but then how did you agree on helping him when I know you're scared of creepy, haunted, scary and dark places?" The brunette girl crossed her arms and waited for Mysta to answer.

Mysta froze for a moment before pouting in frustration. "I got over it alright?! You know, the whole thing with Eki and stuff.. anyways, let's get going so we're not making him wait any longer."

The door to the warehouse creaked open loudly as it was old and rusty, Y/n slid herself in the small opening with Mysta following what she did.

The warehouse was filled with rusty abandoned items and furnitures, Y/n could see someone was making this place their home due to the sight of a small portable stove, sleeping bag and canned foods.

She knows all that by flashing her phone's flashlight around the area, the warehouse was extremely dark. It's not the same without Mysta's heavy breathing due to his fear of the dark.

Bang!

Y/n jumped in fear when the door they got in through closed. She placed her phone on the floor, screen faced down then tried opening it. "Okay Mysta, I don't like this."

She waited for a reply.

"Mysta..?"

As the silence grew, Y/n felt someone approaching her.

"Close." Someone whispered before raising something above their head. Before hitting Y/n behind her head, they smiled. "But my actual name is Rias."

"Ugh..." Y/n felt dizzy, the impact from the hit of a wooden board on the head wasn't pretty.

"You're awake, mín kärlek!"

Still feeling lightheaded, Y/n raised her head to try to face the source of the voice.

A red version of Ike appeared, holding onto her chin while a smile was plastered on his face. His smile then turned into a frown. "Did Rias hit your head too hard?"

He tried to pat the area she got hit but Y/n backed her head away. "Don't touch me."

Eki looked at her with narrowed eyes. "You're confused, scared and angry." He then walked over to somewhere and stood there. "But that's okay, mín kärlek." His eyes softened.

The lights then switched on, Y/n felt herself being blind for a short moment until she saw what was presented in front of her.

"Surprise!" Eki exclaimed. He was standing behind someone who is also tied to a chair. Only this time, the person was blindfolded and had their mouth closed with a cloth tied on them.

"Mysta!" The brit didn't reply to his best friend's call. His head hung to the side.

Y/n looked devastated, her expression of sadness, fear and confusion turned to anger. "You!" She glared at Eki. "Why are you doing this?!"

Eki grabbed a handful of Mysta's hair and pulled his head up. "I don't know." He stared at Mysta's unresponsive self. "Maybe I'm doing this because I love you."

He then let go of Mysta's hair and walked up to Y/n. "Don't you realise how much better I take care of you comparing how my brother would?"

"I'm very competitive when it comes to my twin brother." He growled. "If he can have the best things in life, why can't I have the same?!"

"So pretending to be Ike is some sort of accomplishment to you?" This earned Y/n a painful slap.

"Say his name one more time and I'll cut your best friend's tongue out."