Vhagar

It's been a year and me and Ceri are sitting in the library reading. Mother walked in and she sat down in between us. "I have some unfortunate news. Your aunt Laena has passed away. Later today we are going to go to Drift Mark for her funeral."
"Aunt Laena is dead?" I asked and mother nodded. Mother moved my hair behind my ear. I started tearing up a bit.
"She died during childbirth, we have to go and support Baela and Rhaena." Mother said

It's the day of the funeral and Ceri is helping me get ready. I wore a black dress with my hair down. We all stood on rocks as they pushed Laena's body into the ocean. After the service everyone was outside talking. I was leaning against the wall playing with the cup I was drinking out of. Aemond walked up to me. "My mother told me to come over here."
"Hello to you as well." I said.
"How's Dragonstone?" I rolled my eyes and walked over to Helaena. I sat down next to her and she was playing with a spider.
"Hi Helaena." I said.
"Hello Aemma. It's nice to see you again."
"It's nice to see you as well. What are you doing?"
"Oh nothing. It must be nice not having to live with your betrothed. I can hear every nasty thing said about me." I looked behind me and Aegon was staring at me.
"Please excuse me." I said as I got up and walked over to where Rhaenys was comforting Baela and Rhaena.
"Hi Aemma." Baela said. I hugged her and Rhaena for a minute.
"I'm sorry." I said softly.
"Aemma." Mother said loudly while standing with my brothers. "After the service you are going back to King's Landing. Go to bed. Now." I got up and I walked to my room.

Jace and Luke shared a room but I got my own. I was in my nightgown sitting in bed reading. The room was nice, I had a nice view of the ocean outside. Ceri came running in. "They need you in the dining room, now." I got up and we ran to the dining room. When we went in I immediately saw Jace standing next to Luke who had blood all over his face.
"Luke." I ran over to him. "What happened? Are you okay?" I held his face. The doors opened and mother ran in.
"What happened? Aemma, Jace." She ran over to us, "Luke! Show me." Lucerys took his hand off his nose. "Who did this?"
"They attacked me!" Aemond yelled.
"He attacked Baela!" Rhaena shouted.
"He broke Luke's nose!" Jace yelled.
"He stole my mother's dragon!" Baela yelled.
"Enough." Viserys said.
"He was gonna kill Jace!" Luke yelled.
"Enough." Viserys said again.
"It shouldn't be my son telling the tale." Mother said.
"He called us," Jace whispered, "He called us bastards."
"Aemond, I will have the truth of what happened, now." Viserys demanded.
"What else is there to hear? Your son has been maimed, her son is responsible." Alicent softly said.
"It was an accident." Mother replied.
"Accident? The prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush. He meant to kill my son."
"It was my sons who were attacked and forced to defend themselves. Vile insults were levied against them." Mother said.
"What insults?" Grandsire asked.
"The legitimacy of my son's birth were put loudly to question."
"What?" Viserys said as Alicent rolled her eyes.
"He called us bastards." Jace said, I put my hand on his back and he moved closer to me.
"My sons are in line to inherit the Iron Throne, Your Grace. This is the highest of treasons." Mother said. "Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned so we might learn where he heard such slanders."
"Over an insult? My son has lost an eye." Alicent scoffed.
"You tell me boy, where did you hear this lie?" Viserys asked Aemond.
"The insult was a training yard bluster. The lot of boys, it was nothing." Alicent said.
"Aemond, I asked you a question."
"Where is Ser Laenor? The boy's father perhaps he might have a say in the matter." Alicent asked.
"Yes, where is Ser Laenor?" Viserys asked.
"I do not know, Your Grace. I could not find sleep. I had gone out for a walk." Mother said.
"Aemond, look at me. Your king demands an answer. Who spoke these lies to you?" Aemond looked over to Alicent.
"Aegon."
"Me?"
"And you boy? Where did you hear such lies?" Viserys asked.
"We know, father. Just look at them." Aegon said.
"This interminable infighting must cease. All of you. We are family." He looked around. "Now make your apologies and bid your good wills to one another. Your father, your grandsire demands it!"
"That is insufficient." Alicent said, "Aemond has been damaged permanently, my king. 'Goodwill' cannot make him whole."
"I know Alicent, but I cannot restore his eye."
"No cause it's been taken."
"What would you have me do?" Viserys asked.
"There is a debt to be paid. I shall have one of her son's eyes in return." I put my hand on Lucerys's shoulder.
"My dear wife-"
"He is your son Viserys. Your blood."
"Do not allow your temper to guide your judgment." Viserys said.
"If the king will not seek justice, the queen will. Ser Criston, bring me the eye of Lucerys Velaryon."
"Mother!" Luke screamed and I pulled him closer to me.
"Alicent." Viserys said.
"He can choose which eye to keep, a privilege that was not granted to my son."
"You will do no such thing. Stay your hand!" Viserys said to Ser Criston.
"No! You're sworn to me!" Alicent yelled.
"As your protector my queen." Ser Criston said.
"Alicent, this matter is finished. Do you understand? Let it be known that anyone whose tongue dares to question the birth of Princess Rhaenyra's sons should have it removed." Viserys said.
"Thank you father." Mother said. We all got ready to walk out of the room but Alicent turned and grabbed Viserys's knife. She started walking towards us. Lucerys screamed and I pushed him behind me as Corlys and Rhaenys shielded us. Mother lunged in front of Alicent and held her hands back. "You've gone too far." Mother said.
"I? What have I done but what was expected of me? Forever uphold the kingdom, my family, the law. While you flout it all to do what you please." Alicent replied.
"Alicent let her go!"
"Where is duty? Where is sacrifice? It's trampled under your pretty foot again." I held Luke behind me.
"Release the blade Alicent." Viserys said.
"And now you take my son's eye, and to even that you feel entitled."
"Exhausting isn't it? Hiding beneath the cloak of your own righteousness. And now they see you for what you are." Mother said as she released Alicents hand and Alicent walked backwards slicing my mothers wrist and she dropped the knife.
"Do not mourn me, mother." Aemond said, wrapping his hands around her. "It was a fair exchange. I may have lost an eye but I gained a dragon."
"This proceeding is at an end." Viserys said.
Luke wrapped his arms around my waist. I didn't mind if he got blood on my gown. I moved my arm so he could move to the side of me. Daemon walked over to us and he grabbed my mothers wrist to see the wound.

I was standing on the boat going to King's Landing. Vhagar and Jorlax soared over us. Alicent walked over to me. "I wanted to apologize for what you had to see at Driftmark. That's not how a queen should behave."
"No need to apologize. All that matters is that at the end of the day Lucerys is okay. Of course what happened to my dear husband was unfair and I understand your anger but-"
"You don't understand my anger. You haven't had a son lose an eye. You haven't had to witness your child in pain." She looked up at Vhagar. "But now that Aemond has Vhagar I think it'll be alright." I walked away and went over to where Aemond was sitting and I sat down next to him.
"How's your eye feeling?" I asked.
"Painful." He said looking up at Vhagar.

: another shortish one
hope you enjoy!!