The Escape

THE REST OF THE CHAPTERS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR HOUSE OF THE DRAGON!!!!!

         I had been in the room for many nights. Servants came in and out, bringing me food and wine. I was sleeping when the doors opened. "Princess, I've brought you your breakfast." Ceri said.
"I'm resting." I replied.
"Aemma, you must eat. You need your strength." Ceri sat on my bed next to me.
"Can you stay in here? Please?" I asked.
"I need to attend Baelor. You aren't the only person I look after anymore."
"I know. I miss you Ceri. Everything was better when we were young." I rolled over to face her. "I want to go back to Dragonstone." I said.
"I have to go. Please eat your breakfast." Ceris said as she got up and walked to the door.
"Bye Ceri." I said while rolling back over.
"Bye princess." Ceri said before leaving and locking the door. I rolled out of bed and walked to the couch to eat my breakfast. Ceri brought me bread with blackberry jam, eggs, and some ham. I ate it, read for a while, but then I continued sewing a picture of Jorlax. I was almost finished when my doors flung open and Helaena ran in.
"Helaena?" I asked, "What's wrong?" She came and sat down next to me and grabbed my hand.
"Aemma, my mother didn't want us telling you this but I thought you should know."
"What are you talking about?"
"Someone has died."
"Who? Helaena. Who?" I asked.
"Your brother Lucerys. He was killed by Aemond and Vhagar." I froze and my eyes started to tear up, "I'm sorry Aemma." I got up and started walking out of the door that Helaena left open. "Aemma!" Helaena yelled. I walked to the small council room and slammed open the doors. I walked up to Aemond and pushed him against a pole and Alicent gasped.
"Tell me you did it." I yelled.
"What are you talking about?" Aemond said.
"I trusted you, I loved you, and you murder my brother." I started crying hard, "How could you?" I kept repeating as Helaena ran in and grabbed me as I fell to the ground. I sobbed in her arms as she stroked my hair. Alicent was covering her mouth and everyone else was just watching me.
"Ser Criston, please take the princess back to her quarters." Alicent whispered. He walked up to me and picked me up. He took me back to my room.
"Stay in here princess, it's safer for you." Ser Criston said before walking out. I sat on my bed and cried into my pillow. Ceri walked in and ran over to me.
"Aemma,"
"Go away." I cried.
"I'm sorry about your brother." She said while patting my back.
"I didn't even get a proper goodbye."  I said. The doors unlocked and Helaena walked in.
"I might have thought of a way to get you out." Said Helaena. I perked up and so did Ceri, "You can take Dreamfyre to Dragonstone. I think I can find a way to sneak you out."
"I'm willing to try." I said.
"Okay, we'll try tonight." Helaena said before walking out.
"I'm happy for you Aemma." Ceri said.
"You should come with me." I said while grabbing Ceri's hands.
"I can't, it would be too obvious."
"Ceri."
"Aemma, I want you to go back to Dragonstone. I'll try to find a way out. I promise. Now I need to go put Baelor to bed." Ceri said while walking to the door.
"Tell him I love him."
"I will." Ceri walked out and shut the door. And now we wait.

It was later at night and Helaena unlocked the door and half way walked inside. "Ser Reggie, the maester requested for you." She said,
"Yes, princess." The guard walked away and I stood up. I put on dark clothes that hid my face. Helaena led me to Baelor's room.
"I figured you'd want to take him." Helaena opened his door and I walked in.
"Mama?" He said sleepily.
"Baelor, honey." I said while walking up to his bed, "We need to go now okay? I'm going to put this on you." I tied a cape around him and put the hood up.
"Where are we going?" He asked while I picked him up.
"That doesn't matter right now, it's time to be quiet." Helaena led us secretly out of the Red Keep and to the dragon pit. There were two guards standing outside the pit.
"Princess." A guard said while they both moved out of the way for me and Helaena.
"Come on," Helaena said while running to where Dreamfyre is kept. "Here get on." She held Baelor while I got on Dreamfyre, and she handed him back to me. "Goodbye Aemma, I hope to see you again."
"Thank you Helaena. I really do appreciate all of this."
"Anytime." She said, "Now go." I nodded. Dreamfyre took off and Baelor clung to me.

We flew for a while but we arrived to Dragonstone. Baelor was sleeping as Dreamfyre landed on the path. I got off of her and told her to go back to King's Landing. "Baelor, wake up." He slowly opened his eyes and I set him down. I saw Jace walking towards me with a ton of guards. "Jace..." I said. He got closer and I ran up to him and jumped into his arms to hug him. "Is it true?" I asked. I could feel him nod and my eyes teared up. I let go of him and he put his hand on my arm.
"I'm sure mother would like to see you." I followed him into Dragonstone and to the council room. Mother and Daemon were facing their backs to me and everyone was standing around the fiery table.
"Prince Jacaerys Velaryon, and Princess Aemma Velaryon." A guard announced. Everyone turned to the doors where me and Jace were standing.
"Aemma?" Mother said, she slowly walked up to me and put her hand on my face, she tried to choke back her tears before hugging me tightly, "I've missed you." She whispered. Daemon walked up to us and mother let me go, I hugged Daemon and he hugged back. Baelor ran to mother and she picked him up and hugged him. 
"Mother, Daemon," I said, while letting Daemon go, "I want to put myself and my dragon before you. I recognize you as the rightful heir and Queen of the Iron Throne, and I will do anything to support your claim."
"Thank you, Aemma. Your efforts are greatly appreciated." Mother said before walking back to the table and Daemon waved me over to join them. A guard took Baelor away to my quarters.
"Let's discuss." Daemon said, "We have friends in the Riverlands, but not all of them have made their decisions yet. We need a place they can gather" Daemon pointed to the map, "Here, Harrenhal."
"I don't want too many casualties, I'm trying to win over the people not lose them." Mother said.
"I'll take Caraxes." Daemon said before walking out. I watched him strut thinking about Luke and wondering if this could be the last time I would see Daemon.
"Should we go with him, Your Grace?" A guard asked and mother shook her head.
"While Daemon is gone I suppose we can take a minute seeming my daughter has returned. So everyone please leave us." Everyone left the room but a guard came in while carrying a screaming, crying Baelor.
"Baelor?" I said as the guard handed him to me.
"I'm sorry Princess, I didn't know what he wanted." The guard said.
"Okay, you're excused." I said and the guard walked away, "Shh, don't cry. I'm here." Baelor settled down a little bit.
"Baelor!" Mother said while I handed him to her, "You've gotten big haven't you?" She said while smiling.
"Uh huh!" Baelor said.
"I've missed you, honey." Mother said while smiling at him.
"I'm glad you're home." Jace said, while wrapping his arm around me.
"I'm happy to be here." I smiled.
"I've missed that face. Jace said.
"What face?" I asked.
"You're happy face, by the way, since I'm your big brother, I want you to know that I'm here for you, and that I'll help you with anything." I smiled at him and gave him a small hug.
"I wish Luke was here." I said and mother looked over at us.
"Excuse me." Mother said while handing Baelor to a handmaiden and running out.
"It's all my fault." Jace said.
"Don't say that, you couldn't have known."
"I suggested mother sent us, I made Luke go."
"Jacaerys stop." I put my hand on his face, "Shh, stop talking about it. You didn't know this would happen, there's no way you could have." He started crying and I pulled him in for a hug, "It'll be okay." I whispered.

Daemons POV:

I walked out to the dragon pit and went to Caraxes. I got on him and we flew to Harrenhal. I flew to the top of the Kingspyre, eventually Simon Strong surrendered and flew his white banners.

Aemma's POV:

It was now night and I was in my chambers sleeping but suddenly there was a knock at the door, "Come in!" I shouted. The doors opened and Ser Erryk walked in.
"I'm sorry to wake you princess at such a late hour but Prince Daemon has asked for me to come get you."
"It's quite late, Ser."
"I just do as I'm told princess." He said, I got up and walked up to him.
"And where exactly is Prince Daemon?" I asked.
"He's asked that I bring you to the dragon pit."
"Okay then, take me." I followed him outside and rubbed my hands up and down my arms to try and stop the cold.
"Princess, would you like my cloak?" Ser Erryk asked.
"No thank you, it should be warm by the dragon pit." I said. We finally walked up to the dragon pit and Daemon was waiting outside.
"Ah princess. Ser Erryk you may go." Daemon said but Ser Erryk stayed by my side.
"It's okay Ser Erryk, I'll be fine." I said, he nodded and walked away, "Why have you called for me at this hour, uncle?"
"I got you something." Daemon said, "Follow me." I followed him into the dragon pit and we walked for a while till he stopped in his tracks.
"What is it?" I asked
"We're here." Daemon said, I followed him into where the dragon's are kept and I immediately saw Jorlax. He perked up when he saw me and I ran over to him.
"Jorlax!" I exclaimed and petted him, "Where did you find him?" I asked.
"I heard him while I was out on Caraxes. I figured I should bring him back." I ran up and hugged Daemon.
"Thank you." I whispered.

: a shortish chapter but I've been busy with school :)