Newsies:

And the world will know.

We been keepin' score.

Either they gives us our rights or we gives them a war.

We been down too long and we paid our dues.

And the things we do today will be tomorrow's news.

And the die is cast.

And the torch is passed.

And a roar will rise and the streets will grow and grow...

Jack (spoken):

Newsies of New York City... we won!

Jack continued. "And now, I would like to introduce my very own personal pal, Governor Theodore Roosevelt, himself!"

The Governor stood next to Jack as he spoke. "Each generation must, at the height of its power, step aside and invite the young to share the day. You have laid way claim to our world. Now, I believe the future, in your hands, will be bright and prosperous. And your drawings son, have brought another matter to end. Officers, if you please."

A whistle blew and the newsies stepped aside.

"Hey, Jack! Look! It's Crutchie!" Race cried.

Crutchie appeared and laughed before saying, "How ya doin' fellas? Oh, and look, look what I got yas! A gift, straight from the Refuge! Hey, bring him in boys!"

The bulls dragged Snyder in and the newsies being ooh-ing him.

"It's Snyder the Spider!" Race mocked.

"He ain't so tough no more, is he?" Mush taunted.

"Jack," Governor Roosevelt said, "with those drawings, you made an eloquent argument for shutting down the Refuge. Be assured the Mr. Snyder's abuses will be fully investigated. Officers, take him away."

"Please your highness, may I do the honors?" Crutchie asked, taking off his hat and put it on again.

The Governor nodded and Snyder complained, "You have to to be joking."

"Then you'll be laughing all the way to the pen, little man." Crutchie kicked Snyder with his bad leg. "So long, sucker!"

Jack hugged Crutchie and exclaimed, "Oh, thank you Governor."

"Hey, if one of your drawings convinced the Governor to close down the Refuge, what about a daily political cartoon to expose the dealings in our own government's back rooms? What do you say, Teddy? Care to have this young man's artistry shine a light behind your closed doors?" Pulitzer asked.

"Hey, hey. Gov, don't sweat it. With the strike settled, we should probably be hitting the road," Jack said as he smiled at Ellie.

"Don't you ever get tired of singing the same old tune? What's Santa Fe got that New York ain't? Tarantulas?" Davey asked.

"Or better yet, what's New York got that Santa Fe ain't?" Katherine asked.

"New York's got us, and we're family," Crutchie stated.

"Didn't I hear something about a strike getting settled?" Mr. Pulitzer said.

"Papes for the newsies!" Weisel yelled. "Line up, then! These papes ain't gonna sell themselves."

"Come along Governor. Show me this back seat I've been hearing so much about," Medda said as the Governor laughed.

"Well, don't just stand there," Ellie said. "You've got a union to run. Besides, didn't someone just offer you a pretty exciting job?"

"What, you mean working for your friend's fadder?" Jack asked with confusion.

"Well, you already work for my friend's father."

"Oh. Yeah."

"And you've got two more aces up your sleeve."

"And what would those be?"

"Me and Katherine. Wherever you go, I'll be there, right by your side. And likely Katherine too."

"For sure?"

Once again, she mocked his accent. "For sure."

--

Jack (sung):

Don't take much to be a dreamer: all you do is close your eyes,

But some made-up world is all you ever see.

Now my eyes is fin'lly open, and my dreams, they's average size.

But they don't much matter if you ain't with me.

Ellie smiled and she and Jack kissed.

"Look!" Les cried, seeing the kissing.

"Ooooh. Losers," the newsies teased.

Katherine smiled, glad her friend had finally given in to the newsie she'd pretended to hate.

"Well Jack, are you in or are you out?" Davey interrupted.

"Come on. I been busy!" Jack protested as he walked towards the newspaper stand and slapped down a coin to get some papers.

Full company:

We'll all be out there carrying the banner man to man!

We're always out there, soakin' ev'ry sucker than we can.

Here's the headline: Newsies on a mission!

Kill the competition! Sell the next edition!

We'll be out there carrying the banner!

See us out there carrying the banner!

Always out there carrying the banner!

Look at me: I'm the king of New York!

Suddenly, I'm respectable, starin' right at'cha, lousy with sta'cha.

Glory be!

I'm the king of New York!

Victory! Front page story, guts and glory!

I'm the king... of New York!