pilot Part 2

nick raced down the line with his train; he made sure to follow tips Colin gave him despite Colin not finishing telling nick the rules for taking trains. Nick took in the sights of large green trees and wide open meadows between lakeside and glan y mor. He soon passed Colin in the loop line as he approached the harbour junction.

 About half a mile down the line he noticed that ... the signal was red: he tried to stop but found the train was to heavy. Nick braked hard desperately trying to stop the train but his effort were in vein as he rocketed into a siding: ploughing through the buffers, ending up about ten meters away from the track. Nick was out cold.

About an hour later Nick regained conciseness; Colin was using a a chain to pull Nick back on the rails.

"one....two.....three!" called a workmen.

Colin pulled with all his might. slowly, little by little, he heaved Nick back on to the track where lord decal had some choice words for  Nick:

"i am very disappointed in you nick. you should have known to break earlier on the line down to the harbour"

"but sir" responded Nick.

lord decal cut him off "I don't want to here it; you will shunt a coaldai till I can trust you again. good day."

once lord decal finished Colin began to tow Nick back to Coaldai. 

Nick said "I screwed up, didn't I?"

"you did" responded  Colin "but, do you want to learn from your mistakes?"

"of coarse" replied Nick

"you willing to put the effort to be a better engine?" asked Colin

"yes" answered Nick

Colin responded "then....then.... I think I can help you"