Lenore

The nameless pacific was left in the shed for the rest of the day, the incident at the crossing hadn't gone unnoticed by Lord Decal who planned to go to the sheds that evening. Mark, Nick and Colin were very busy that day due to David not returning at midday like he said he would. Soon it was the evening and only Colin had returned to the shed, leaving Nick and Mark to pull the last trains of the day.

"How are you feeling?" asked Colin.

"fine" mumbled the Pacific "just a little sore in the brake rigging" 

"how bad was the damage?" asked Colin "jammed brakes are nothing to joke about"

"my brakes are going to need to be replaced and my traction tires are almost fully worn out" replied the pacific.

"that's not good" replied Colin "one of my old friend crashed into the sea because their brakes failed"

"I'm sorry to hear that" said the pacific.

"don't" replied Colin "It happened a log time ago"

The engines lapsed into silence for a while until Lord Decal arrived almost out of nowhere. He slowly walked up to the sheds and stood in silence for a moment before beginning to speak:

"I am afraid I can't keep you" began lord decal "I know your not a gift from British railways but I needed the extra help on the line so I was willing to keep you on anyway, however after learning of the incident on the learning crossing and the damage to your brakes and traction tires I just can't keep you"

"but sir..." cut in Colin.

Lord Decal raised his hand and Colin stopped speaking.

"Even if you hadn't damaged your brakes I still couldn't afford to buy you or risk prosecution for keeping you as well as the fact Marks boiler ticket is almost at an end. I just wanted to explain why so you know it isn't personal" explained Lord Decal.

"I understand Sir" replied the pacific while looking at her buffers.

"but sir" wheeshed Colin "it isn't fair to send her away where she will surely be scrapped"

"I know" replied Lord Decal "But I can't afford to keep her regardless"

 Lord Decal began to walk away and reached the edge of the yard when a long shrill whistle sounded out as David rushed into the yard fit to burst with a pair of vans before coming to a screeching halt.

 "SIR" whistled David "I have something for you in these vans"

"I don't have time for your games" replied Lord Decal unamused.

"But sir" wheeshed David "just look"

"fine" agreed Lord Decal begrudgingly.

Lord Decal walked over to the first van and opened it slowly to reveal piles of cash.

"HOLY SCHEISSE" yelled Lord Decal "where the hell did you get this?"

"don't ask" replied David "just make sure to buy the pacific over there"

"deal" said lord Decal who grabbed a bunch of notes as he left the yard.

"well if your going to be a resident here you should have a name"  said Colin happily.

"any ideas?" asked David.

"one of my driver's daughter's names" began the pacific "Lenore"