Chapter 13

Once the lights went down and the stage filled with smoke the crowd cheered and I cheered her on as well.

Watching them perform was as mcal as the first timeagical as the first time. I screamed the lyrics of every song and tried cheering louder than the crowd every time a song ended.

I'm not one to get jealous. And I wouldn't say I'm insecure, but I knew what song was coming up and I was secretly dreading it all day. I chose to think of all the reassurance she'd given me before that even after this she would stay and that we were in this for the long game.

But as soon as I heard the intro I felt a twist in my stomach. It wasn't because of the song something else was going on.

I could hear faint yelling but I couldn't tell if it was in the crowd or if it was backstage. I walked backwards to see if someone really was yelling or if I was tripping.

Then I saw a rush of security running through the halls backstage. I walked back to see what was going on and that's when I saw her.

"The fuck is she doing here?" I mumbled under my breath.

It didn't take long to see where she was trying to go. I walked forward trying to meet her in the middle so she wouldn't be seen.

"Yo you gotta go." I said using my 6 foot frame to my advantage. She had to look up to me so if shit got violent she wouldn't stand a chance.

"And who the fuck are you to tell me where I have to go." She shot back.

She kept walking toward me and I could tell what timing she was on just by the look in her eyes.

"Oh I know exactly who you are. You that bitch who always tryna hang out with my girl." She said pointing at me.

Bitch? Her girl? She gotta be delusional, 'cause ain't no way.

"I don't know if you knew this but she's definitely not your girl anymore and I know damn well you are not calling me a bitch. Take your ass somewhere."

Suddenly I felt a fist connect with my face and a push as she tried to rush past me. I recovered quickly and pulled her back before she could get on the stage. But it wasn't quick enough because Kehlani looked over right at that moment and I could see the color drain from her face.

I threw Dani on the ground and security came rushing in and grabbed her and I and separated us before I could inflict anymore damage.

They let go of me and I watched as she tried to fight back the security and get out of their grasp but her efforts amounted to nothing.

Shit.

I looked at the stage and saw Kehlani talking to her band. I ran out onto the stage directly to her. The crowd cheered when they saw me but in the moment I tuned them out. She saw me run up and she looked like a deer in headlights.

"Are you ok? What do you need me to do?" I asked knowing she was still recovering from the first incident and this wasn't going to make it any better.

She didn't say anything. I grabbed her hand and walked her off the stage.

"What happened?" She asked, finally talking.

"She came up talking crazy then tried to get loud and I tried to tell her to leave but she hit and tried to get on stage. That's when you saw me pulling her back. I slammed her on the ground and then security came." I recalled.

"Thank you." She stated saying nothing else.

"For what? I didn't do anything."

"For not letting her get to me. For protecting me." She further explained.

"You don't have to thank me for that. That's my job babe."

She hugged me and I rubbed my hand soothingly up and down her back.

"I want to finish." She said.

"You don't have to. I'm sure they'll understand."

"I'm almost done. Just- I just want to finish." She hugged me tighter for a second then let go.

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed my cheeks. "I'll be ok. I promise."

She tried to walk past me and I grabbed her arm stopping her from leaving. We stared into each other's eyes. I completely forgot what I was going to say but I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I leaned down and kissed her softly. "I got you if you need me." I said when we pulled away. She pecked my lips one more time and went back on stage.

She began her apology to the crowd and they all cheered as the music started again.

When the show was over I could tell she was completely drained. But her night wasn't yet. She had to figure out how the hell Dani got in.

She sat in a meeting with all the security and her manager to make sure nothing like that happened again.

I waited for the meeting to be over while Destin and Lindsey walked over from their special 'celebrity' seats.

"What happened, why'd she stop?" Destin asked when we saw each other.

"The ex showed up." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Destin looked shocked, "where is she?"

"I don't know what the hell they did with Dani but Kehlani is in there."

I pointed to the green room where the "meeting" was being held.

"They've been in there for a little minute. I don't think it'll be much longer."

They both nodded.

We all waited for her to come out and it seemed like forever before she came out.

"I'm tired as fuck can we go?"

"Yeah come on." I put my hand on her lower back and security followed us out.

On the ride back she was cuddled into me and unsettlingly quiet.

There was a weird energy in the air and we all knew that she was not ok.

When we got back she stopped me from getting out. "Can you stay with me tonight?"

"Yeah I got you." I got my key out of my wallet and handed it to Lindsey.

"Take care of her." She whispered.

"I got her."
—-
Just something slight. They are about to go a long distance for a while so let's hope they'll be ok.
Lowkey I should've had Y/N beat her ass but she's real non confrontational so fighting isn't her thing. don't worry though she'll do it if she has to. Love y'all🫶🏾