chapter 18

When we pulled up in the driveway I looked up at the house.

It wasn't big but it definitely wasn't small. It made sense for her because it's very...Kehlani.

Once I was done taking in my surroundings I was hit with the realization that Adeya was inside and that I was actually meeting her.

In hindsight I was psyching myself out and making myself more anxious.

Kehlani squeezed my hand as we walked in. She led me around the house and as we walked around we began to hear a voice of someone obviously talking to a child. We inched closer and that voice got louder.

Shit.

"Mommy!" Kehlani let go of my hand as the child jumped into her arms. "Hi baby." Kehlani said in a babyish voice before kissing Adeya on the cheek repeatedly. "Mommy missed you so much." She said embracing the girl again.

Her friend that I assumed to be the voice I heard watched the beautiful interaction along with me.

I only noticed her when she reached her hand out for an introduction, "Tashi." She said, I put my hand into hers firmly shaking, "Y/N."

"Mommy, who's that?" Adeya pointed. "Don't point babe. That's Y/N, say hi." She told her.

The girl waved before lying on her mothers shoulder. "It's ok she's nice, I promise." She rubbed her back as Adeya looked back towards me.

"Hi I'm Y/N, what's your name?" I asked.

"Adeya." She said softly with a small wave.

"Hi Adeya. You're so beautiful." I complimented.

She giggled satisfied with the compliment. "What do you say?" Kehlani asked, "thank you."

Compared to her mother I was very tall and Adela wasn't too shy to point it out. She pointed up at me and said, "tall." I laughed and agreed, "yeah, I am tall."

"I want to be tall." She said looking at me then to her mom. We all laughed but we got quiet when she reached for me.

Kehlani looked at me asking, if it was ok and I nodded, grabbing her, putting her up on my shoulders.

She squealed as I lifted her in the air. I kept my hands around her ankles and she put her hands in my hair.

I looked at Lani and saw the worried look on her face. "I got her." I whispered as I started to walk around with Adeya she giggled and squirmed around on my shoulders.

I brought her down from my shoulders and into my arms holding her in the air like she was a superhero. I made 'whooshing' sounds as she "flew" around.

She screamed like she was on a rollercoaster. I eventually sat her down when my arms got tired.

"Again!" She asked, with her cute smile it made it almost impossible to say no. I shook out my arms and picked her back up, flying her around the room listening to her infectious laugh. She put her arms out and said, "I'm flying."

To say it was the cutest thing was an understatement. She had an infectious laugh and an amazing personality.

When I got tired I decided I'd try something. I brought her down and held her. She didn't say anything, she just played with my hair.

I could tell Kehlani and even Tashi were surprised.

"I'll show you around." Kehlani said as she grabbed my hand.

By the time we got to the next room I was sure my hair was a tangled mess.

Adeya talked, sometimes unintelligible, about her day. She told us about how she played with toys and played hide and seek.

When we got to the playroom, filled with toys the first thing that got my attention was the kid's basketball hoop.

"You like basketball?" I asked, looking at Adeya.

"Yes," She giggled. "You like basketball?"

"Yes, I used to play. I can teach you if you want." I proposed.

She didn't respond, she just nodded with an adorable grin.

As we left the play room she started kicking her feet telling me she wanted to get down. I thought she was over me and wanted to go back to her mom but she grabbed my hand and walked by my side.

"You're doing great." Kehlani whispered as we walked.

By the time the tour ended Adeya became my new best friend and I was filled with relief. I played subway surfers with her while her mom talked to Tashi about their next surfing trip.

I stood in the kitchen while my girlfriend made lunch. "Why are you watching me like that?" She asked with a laugh.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, walking up behind her and kissing just under her ear.

She backed into my touch and I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist. I continued to kiss her neck and her cheek but before she could get too distracted she moved away.

"Damn, it's like that?"

"You'll be fine, my child is somewhere running around here, you can last a few more days." She said basically making a compromise.

I gave her one last kiss and hummed. "Do you need help?"

"No, I'm fine." She said.

I walked up to her and gave her a quick kiss. Before I could walk away she said, "one more." I gave her one more and she pulled my shirt, pulling me back in.

"What happened to your daughter is somewhere running around."

She hushed me with a kiss then said, "Thank you girlfriend."

"Anytime girlfriend." I kissed her once more and ran off to the living room.

I began scrolling through my phone. After a while I felt myself dozing off.

I eventually turned off my phone and let the sleep take over.

I woke up to weight on my chest and soft fingers poking my cheeks. The first thing I saw was Adeya's mischievous grin. She opened her hands and pushed either side of my face, squishing my cheeks inward.

Damn she likes me for real.

"Wake up," she said, laughing at my face.

I abruptly got up and put her on her back, tickling her, laughing while she squirmed around.

I kept tickling until she told me to stop, I laid down again and she jumped on my stomach. I made a 'humph' sound and just as she laid on my chest Kehlani walked in. She looked at the two of us with a smile. She leaned on the wall and pulled out her phone taking a picture of us.

I waved her over asking her to lay with us. She cuddled into me and caressed Adeyas face.

I enjoyed the moment. I let my surroundings sink in. I was with my girlfriend and her kid, I loved everything about it.

It made me realize I was fine. That day was a success and it turned out Adeya loved me.

This chapter is lame as hell. I'm not gon lie. I got yall next chapter. Love yall🫶🏾