Chapter 1 - Final Selection

-Time Skip-
-3 years-
The siblings stay with Urokodaki after being homeless. They were told about the history of their father, the former frost hashira. Ayaka is 9 Shimo is 12 and Kazuya is 14. The brothers agreed that they both wanted to become demon slayers because they wanted to help people. Ayaka wanted to study.

After rigorous training they both learned all the forms of frost brathing and were prepared for final selection. Kazuya was a much faster learner then Shimo and he even learned some of the water breathing forms. Both of them are working on total concentration constant.

Urokodoki gave them a fox warding mask to protect them from harm and a light blue haori with clouds on it to wear.

'Maybe one day we'll learn why our father left us.' Kazuya thought.

After the three siblings feasted upon the dinner Urokodaki got, they slept. In the morning Urokodaki and Ayaka were helping them get ready.

"I'm proud of you all," Urokodaki said "I'm sure your father would be proud as well."

"Promise me you'll come back alive" Ayaka mumbled.

Kazuya noticed her hands were shaking and held them. Shimo proceeded to talk in what he thought was a fancy voice.

"I, Fuyuki Shimo, brother to the beautiful young lady known as Akane Ayaka, swear an oath to you that I will come back alive." He proclaimed "Try not to miss me to much." He winked at her and Ayaka giggled.

Kazuya reminded them that they had to leave soon. They both headed off to final selection waving back at Ayaka and Urokodaki.

Shimo POV
Time skip

Soon, we arrived at Mt. Fujikasane. It's surrounded by bright flowers.  I touched one of them out of curiosity.

"They look beautiful." I said quietly.

"They're called wisteria flowers. They repel demons away." Kazuya explained to me. We continued up the mountain and saw around 15 people waiting there.

We were standing near each other on the side talking and after some time Kazuya told me  "Looks like their about to start announcing the details."

"Mk" I replied

"The mountain contains demons captured alive by Demon Slayers, and due to the wisteria around the foot of the mountain, and their hatred of its scent, they are imprisoned in the forest. However, the wisteria only reaches half way up its slope, and past the top where they are, demons are free to roam about and hunt. The applicants must survive for seven days to pass Final Selection." The curators announced.

And with that the selection started and we both headed in. We were just walking in the forest making sure to keep our guards up.

"How many people do you think will survive" asked Kazuya

I didn't respond to him and then he suddenly took out his sword and leaped in front of me. A demon was about to bite my arm and he blocked it. I had to counterattack it.

Eighth Form: Frostbite

I decapitated my first demon. That was a lot easier then I thought.