Chapter 7 - The Hashira Meeting

Kazuya POV

My eyes fluttered open to the soft glow of sunlight. Confusion washed over me as I tried to recall how I ended up in this unfamiliar bed, my body wrapped in bandages. The room felt strangely comforting, but I couldn't shake the memory of what had happened.

I turned my head and saw another bed beside mine where I saw Shimo, resting peacefully. Relief surged through my heart at the sight of him. He had always been rather reckless, so I couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort with him nearby.

As I tried to sit up, a gentle hand pressed against his shoulder. I looked to see who it was, and I found a fair woman with white hair and lavender eyes. She was wearing a kind smile mixed with concern.

"W-who are you?"

"Take it easy," she said softly. "You've been through quite an ordeal."

My memories began to resurface—the battle with the demon, the intensity of the fight, and the injuries we sustained to to win.

"You're in the care of good hands," the doctor assured me. "You both are."

My gaze shifted back to Shimo, who was still in his slumber. A small smile graced my lips as I looked at his closed eyes.

"We managed to get both of you here in time," the doctor continued, her voice reassuring. "You're lucky to have each other."

I did a small nod and thought about everything that happened. I would've died if it weren't for him.

"Rest now," she said. "Your body needs time to heal. When you wake up I'll let the master know, and you can talk to him."

I settled back slowly into the pillows, feeling a mix of exhaustion and gratitude. I didn't know who she was or the master she spoke of, but I didn't think much of it as sleep took over me once again.

Time Skip

When I woke up once again, the lady informed me that her name was Amane and that we were currently in the demon slayer headquarters. She brought me to the current leader of the demon slayer corps, who is also her husband.

I sat in front of the master cautiously and he greeted me.

"How are you and your brother doing, Kazuya?" He asked, his voice strangely comforting.

"We're doing fine. Thank you for treating me and my brother here Oyakata-Sama. We are in your debt."

"Rest assured you owe no debt to us. I'm informed that your a Kinoe and a Frost Breathing user who defeated the Lower Moon 2."

I nodded and responded, "With the help of my brother I defeated the demon."

"This is no small feat Kazuya, so I'd like to thank you for your service. I'd like to offer you a promotion to Hashira."

"H-hashira?"

"If you'll accept of course."

"Of course I do!" I immediately responded, before I realized, "Wait- But what about my brother, Shimo?"

"At the present, there is only one available position." He stated "We chose you because you have a higher ranking and also your Kasugai crow informed me that due to a mid-battle injury he wasn't able to help you at the end of the battle."

After a couple moments of processing what he said I told him, "Alright then. I...I accept the honor and privilege of being a hashira."

He smiled and told me, "Then at the next hashira meeting I will announce that you will be the new Frost Hashira. Your old uniform will be replaced along with your sword. In the meantime, you can stay here as long an necessary."