Chapter 8 - Stitched Together

After they walked inside Kanae turned to him and suddenly told him,

"I have a surprise for you."

He raised one of his eyebrows intrigued, "What is it?"

"Come, follow me." she gestured. She took Kazuya outside one of the guest bedrooms and knocked on the door. Inside they heard a voice yelling "Coming!"

Soon the door opened and it revealed none other than Ayaka.

...

...

...

"Kazuya!" Ayaka exclaimed, launching herself at him and wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight hug. Laughing, Kazuya spun her around while hugging her just as tightly.

"What are you doing here Ayaka?"

Flashback

Ayaka POV

It's been several days since they've left for their mission and I'm beginning to get slightly worried. But salvation came when Kazuyas crow, Yuuto, came.

He carried a letter from Kazuya explaining everything that happened. From defeating the Lower Moon 2 to becoming the Frost Hashira. Urokodaki looked proud, but honestly, this was the last straw for me.

"THEY'RE IN RECOVERY AGAIN!?" I shouted while rereading the letter. Urokodaki smiled under his mask and responded,

"They did just fight one of the strongest demons."

"Now I have to wait here worried sick about them." I crossed my arms and sat on the floor.

Urokodaki looked at me and began, "Do you remember how you told me that they were friends with the master of the butterfly estate?"

I nodded confused as to why he was bringing that up and he continued, "Since they will likely continue their recovery there, why don't you stay with them?"

"Huh? Your saying... I should leave you?"

"Yes. I'm sure the flower hashira and her sister wouldn't mind another apprentice. It would be beneficial for your studies and more convenient for you to help your brothers." He sat beside me and continued, "It will also be a good chance to get to know them all and perhaps make some friends."

She looked down at the floor, deep in thought. "Are you sure you're gonna be fine?"

He placed a hand on my shoulder and replied, "I'll be fine. You don't need to worry about me."

And after that discussion, he helped me pack my stuff and we said our goodbyes.

Back to Present

"Your letter said you both got yourselves in trouble again! You guys desperately needed adult supervision so I had to come." She joked

"I can't believe you came to the Butterfly Estate to find us."

"Of course you both would come here." she went near Kazuyas ear and whispered, "After all, the gorgeous butterfly sisters are here."

He let go of her while slightly blushing, "Ayaka-"

"It's fine, don't worry about it Oneesan." She smiled. "Urokodaki sensei told me to come because it would be better for my studies."

"I suppose he's right." Kazuya agreed and before he could continue Kanae interrupted,

"I know you both need to catch up, but before anything, I'm gonna need to do a check-up on Kazuya if that's alright."

"You don't have to do that." He insisted giving her a warm smile