[Chapter Eighteen] home is where the heart is

Brump awoke with a zap. The stone had obliterated, and he finally felt air reach his lungs.
"Dad?" He called.

"Don't worry, I'm here." Wubbox replied. "Your in a different place, so be careful."

"Where?"

"Plant island. You were going to see the islands soon enough. Well, i guess not see, but you know what i mean."
Brump took a second to processes, and once he dragged his foot along the ground, it was an uncomfortable texture he hadn't felt before. It was soft, yes, but it wasn't usual.
"Are the others here?"

"No, unfortunately. Im working on it though."
Brump took a step, along the strange place he now resided. He couldn't see what was around him, but he could sense objects near him.
"Is there an outside we can go to?"

"Yes, but maybe we should wait till night. Its midday, and others could see you, that and it's hotter than your used to. And, the cloud system that connected the islands are no longer there."

"But, i can't stand it in here. I don't know why, but i can't. I don't care what they think of me, i just wanna be outside." Wubbox sighed, stopping whatever he was doing, and stood up. He walked by, and placed a hand on Brump.
"Be careful, theres a lot of things you could run into." As he guided him to the door, Brump took long and careful steps, not moving to fast to not break anything. As Wubbox opened the door, he carefully bumped his head on the wall, then moved to his right until the opening came through.
The floor was different, and it felt like the wall he had felt, but colder and glossy. Wubbox still kept a hand on him as they passed through the castle. He could hear murmurs of shock and disgust as he passed other monsters, but that only made him more confident in himself, but he could guess it wasn't the same for Wubbox. He likely felt embarrassed of bringing his son in front of others. He was a sick amalgamation of two well known monster species. What would they think of him? What would they think of Wubbox?
After passing a few more rooms with caution, they stopped at the big doors. Wubbox opened the doors, Brump carefully walked through.
"Do you need help?" Wubbox asked.

"No, i got this." He stepped shakily outside. The door closed behind him as he took the steps down the stairs. The talking of monsters had quickly turned to silence, only the sound of the wind's tune could be hear.
He wasn't afraid. Though his lack of eyed inhibited him from viewing sights around him, he moved his head as if he could.
"Am i interrupting anything?" He asked to no one in particular. Mutters and whispers about him began to rise up. No one wanted to speak to him. The sun blanketing him was the only comfort.
"Who are you..?" A voice finally asked him, disgust lingered in their voice.

"Brump, first son of Wubbox."

"First?"

"Yes. Theres nineteen of us."
The murmurs packed up again. Then, steps began to come to him. He took a step to his right, so he may not be blocking their path.
"You can't see, can you?" A new voice asked.

"Do you wanna fight? I can't see, but we'll throw down."

"Like we'd fight a creature like you. We might catch a disease." Another said. Brump would have rolled his eyes if he could. He was rational, arguing would only escalate.
He walked to the edge of the island, carefully feeling the ground for where the edge was, as not to fall off. Then, as monsters began to chat and ignore him, a pattering of feet came near him.
"So, the son of Wubbox? You know what you look like, right?"

"...I can guess a bit."

"You were made from Fwogs and Furcorns, 'ya know. How could you still love him after what he did?"

"Well, its not your business. Your alive, right? It doesn't affect you, right? And it's in the past. He doesn't do that anymore."

"But he's a murder!"

"He didn't kill them. They were already dead when he got them." They turned as the island began to curve around the front.
"You can't rationalize him killing monsters to make you!"
Brump stopped dead in his tracks. He was tired of having this conversation, and decided to turn and leave. The monster did not follow him, letting him leave. He was fed up with them calling his father a murderer. He knew they were dead when they were taken the essence out of. Poewk told him specifically they were head. He would never lie.