001

The Beauty and the Beau

: ̗̀ Belle

Tonight couldn't be over fast enough.

It has been a couple of weeks now since we'd settled down in the south of Scotland.

Our manor was beautiful. The grand hall was decked out with candles and summer flowers to welcome the Potter family and the great mahogany French doors stood at the entrance of our home like a heavenly omen.

I was dreading this dinner, thinking that if I pretended it wasn't going to happen it wouldn't. My mother gave me a once over and smiled, and even though I didn't wear the dress she'd chosen I think she enjoyed my pick.

My parents were hoping I'd get in the same Hogwarts house as the boy I was betrothed to so that the chance of their match sailing would be greater.

I already miss Beaubatons.

"Beautiful Belle, as always" My father complimented, pressing a quick kiss to my forehead when I reached the bottom stair.

"Thank you, Father." I smiled under his praise, something I received quite often but still enjoyed when it was given nonetheless.

"The Potters will be here any moment. The elves are done with dinner, everyone's dressed, and I think that's everything" my mother said to herself as she went through her mental checklist.

"Everything will be perfect Mother, just like it always is," I said as I pecked her on the cheek.

"You look stunning, but remember first impressions are everything." My mom started, and she may have wanted to go on, but we may never know that for just as she was about to continue there was a pop just outside the door. "That'll be them." She squealed.

"Yay." I sang, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Manners, Belle." She replied giving me the standard 'don't push me' look as she opened the doors.

: ̗̀ James

Lily wouldn't have wanted me to even go to this dinner.

The tie was choking me to death and I was really tempted to loosen it until my mother walked in. "Oh Jamesie, darling, you look dashing"

"Thank you, Mum, you look lovely tonight," I replied, trying to hold back my irritation with this whole situation. His parents were yet again, trying to pair him up with someone, though this time, he didn't even know the girl in question.

"I know dear. Now remember to be polite this evening. I do not want a repeat of dinner with the Mckinnons last year." I laughed quietly to myself at the memory.

Me and Marlene made sure to ruin any marriage prospect ideas our parents had between themselves.

"Don't you smirk like that James Potter. If you pull another stunt like that tonight, I won't forgive you." My mother chastised.