004

Marauders to the rescue

: ̗̀  Belle

I was annoyed.

No, I was more than annoyed. I was irritated.

All I could think of as I stomped my way through the corridor and as far from the great hall as possible, was of ways I could make James Potter regret how humiliated he made me feel.

I was nothing but kind. I agreed on approaching things with an open mind, because, oh maybe James Potter was just nervous, or he just wanted to get to know me better, but no.

He was head over heels for a girl that did not even want him back.

How was I supposed to work with that?

I stopped suddenly and leaned back against a nearby wall, needing a moment to collect my thoughts.

Not a moment later, I hear another pair of footsteps approach me and I'm already prepared to show my dissatisfaction with James, assuming that he tried catching up with me as he did back in the manor. "I never caught your name"

But it wasn't him. It was one of his friends.

Gracing him with a strained smile, I tilt my head slightly to the left and narrow my left eye at him. "You never asked."

He flashes me a sheepish smile and I can't help but raise both eyebrows in an attempt to stop myself from reciprocating.

"What's your name?" He asked me, leaning on the wall beside me. His fingers brush mine for a split second and I hold my breath before smiling.

"Belle Hawthorn. You?" I ask back, holding eye contact.

"Remus Lupin."

"Nice to meet you, Remus." I mused, nudging him playfully with my elbow.

Before he could respond to me, a huge black dog suddenly appeared from behind a corner.

With a yelp, I detach myself from Remus, stepping away from the wall as I stare apprehensively at the dog Remus rolled his eyes to.

"He doesn't bite."

"Are you sure?" I asked nervously, slowly but surely walking back toward them.

"Yes," Remus said with a little more force than necessary, and I missed the warning look he sent the animal.

"Please don't bite my hand off." I plead quietly and the dog's head snaps up to face me, as I attempt to pet it.