𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 | 𝐀 "𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠" 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫!

High noon...

He felt the rays of sun light hit his cheek as he walked down the tranquil streets of downtown.

Akihiko Suzuki. Known to be as the school idol festival's chairman and as well as a Producer of the 12 membered idol group of Nijigasaki.

At least that's what he formally was.

Due to certain events that caused an ordeal to this young man. One that brought back the shade of gray into his field of view. Nothing but monotone color. Losing those glints of passion in his eyes.

Akihiko was not sure of what he was doing at this point. He was mindlessly walking around, Perhaps trying to get all of the problematic thoughts out of his head.

That would be difficult for his part. Since the moment he tries to do so, the more he would think about it. And the more he would, it ended up adding more stress than the amount he's dealing with.

. . .

It was a second later until Akihiko suddenly felt his stomach grumble. A indication of hunger.

When was the last time he ate? If he'd snap back to his senses. He would've realized that a certain someone would worry about his well being.

. . .

Hunger is for the weak. Is what Akihiko's currently pathetic mind would say to himself.

He sighs.

Momentarily, The young man finds himself standing in front of a local bakery. Only realizing it now that he had been walking around aimlessly. Still in his Nijigasaki Uniform.

Facing the bakery itself. Its window reflected his currently dull image, soon faint as he saw some of the plentiful eye catching pastries through the window. He could even smell it.. even when outside and through closed doors.

". . .maybe buying one wouldn't hurt. . ." Akihiko mutters to himself.

After a little while, he made his decision to walk inside.

As soon as he entered. A bell chimed, grabbing the attention of the person standing behind the counter.

Said person was a short boy wearing a blue hoodie. And over it was a green apron.

"Hello, stranger." He casually greets his customer.

Akihiko stared directly at the boy before replying. "...good day..." He says with a monotone voice. he glanced around for a bit at the seemingly fine bakery.

"Please make your way by the shelves to choose what you like. Then come back right here at the counter for your payment." The boy behind the counter informs the young man, gesturing his arm towards the shelves containing delectable treats.

"Oh. Okay."

"And please don't give me and my pastries that kind of look. It leaves a bad taste." The boy added bluntly, making Akihiko shot his head towards him with a baffled look.

"Huh?" Akihiko responds dumbly. The boy simply responded by waving his hand in a shooing manner.

Akihiko narrowed his eyes towards him, to which the boy doesn't look fazed by any bit.

A few moments later. The young man came in front of the counter to pay for his order. He just simply took the normally popular buns.

"Hm. Generic. But yeah, nothing to complain about." The boy shrugs as he places all of the items inside of a paper bag. Meanwhile, Akihiko simply rolled his eyes. "Say kid. What's with the suit?"

"It's my uniform." Akihiko replied with monotone. "And, who are you calling a kid?"

"Am I wrong?" He replies, raising a brow.

"Aren't you a kid yourself?" The young man shot back. But the former's bored gaze did not waver.

"I'm eighteen, mind you." The boy said with narrowed eyes. Surprising Akihiko as he was taken aback. Finding it hard to believe because of... how tall the person in front of him was. "I guess people really do judge a book by its cover." The boy added, followed shaking his head.

"It's not my fault that you're sho— OW!!" Akihiko yelped when all of a sudden, he felt a sharp jab towards his left side.

"I know you're my customer. But I would be grateful if you never speak about my height." The boy shot a glare towards Akihiko. "At least I don't look dead." he comments

Akihiko grumbled. "Shut up."

"Whatever." The boy shrugged with a nonchalant pout. "Just take your order and go."

Akihiko took the paper bag in his hand before he proceeds to walk towards the door.

He took a momentary halt in front as he took one bun out of the bag. He examined the texture of it. Every angle was a perfect look to take a bite at. But the question is...

Will he even taste the flavor of it??

. . .

He took a bite...

. . .

. . .

Nothing

"...I still can't taste anything.." Akihiko felt disappointed, he couldn't taste anything anymore. Only the bland flavor is what his tongue could register.

What misfortune this was for him.

. . .

. . .

That. . . and. . . Speaking of misfortune. . . There was just one tiny mistake that the young man did that he was completely unaware of.

". . .What. . . did you say??" Akihiko turned around with confusion when he heard the boy call out to him. But as he did, he was met by his threatening glare.

The boy got out of the counter. His hand holding what seems to be a. . . Stun gun?

"H- Huh?" Akihiko let out. Unsure of what's going on.

"I gave all of my passion and hardwork towards my baking, it's filled with all my pride. . . and yet. . . you. ." He stared daggers towards at Akihiko.

There was something that people learned after going in this bakery. Is that the one thing you should never ever do is to insult the pastries.

If that ever happens. You could either explain that it's just a misunderstanding, or. . .

Feel the electrifying wrath of the Yamabuki Bakery's part time worker. Katsuhiko Natsuki.

"TASTE THIS!!!"

"W- Wai—"

*ZAP*

And thus, Akihiko was knocked out unconscious.

[ To Be Continued ]